Hero-U - Interface Survey & Project Status

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
In the latest kickstarter update from Hero-U Corey Cole outlines his thoughts on world building, UI and the status of the project. They are seeking feedback for the user interface elements.

User Interface Survey

4de92b131190827c4567ac952d6caaaa_original.jpg

Hero-U School Store Interface

We've tried multiple variations of the main user interface for Hero-U, and we're still tweaking and refining them. I've put together a short survey of how you play games, and it will be very helpful to us if you and your friends take the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WGMC5CW.​

We want to know how many of our players use both mouse buttons when playing games, and what expectations you have for the right mouse button. In Quest for Glory, the right button toggled between commands (such as Talk, Look At, or Use) that the left button would use. In our first Hero-U demo, the right button brought up action menus, while the left button. For the second version, I switched that - left button acts, right button gives a description.
[...]

Project Status
c5a9201a8e840eafdb0f7ced6523829c_original.jpg

Hero-U Reception Area

We are continuing to refine the rest of the user interface, including the look and feel of the inventory, character sheet, and journal. It takes an amazing amount of behind-the-scenes work to make these screens work well with the right appearance and ease of use.

We're in the last couple of months of creating "room content" for the game. This includes all the dialogue, text, interactions, animation, and "adventure game stuff" for Hero-U. This Summer we will refine and expand the combat system and working on "alternate interface puzzles" such as trap disarming. We will also start adding music and sound effects once all of the rooms are otherwise complete.

We plan to have a very long beta test to prevent the kinds of problems we had with several of our Sierra games. We hope to start Beta in late September or early October. As we get closer to the finish line, our ability to estimate the real completion date will improve.

We are delaying shipments of physical goods until the game is complete. It's a very time-consuming process that takes time away from game development. We've sent out digital rewards such as Quest for Glory game keys and high-resolution travel posters and game images. Log on to BackerKit and visit your Hero-U page to get access to your digital add-ons.
More information.

For the first time I actually feel interested in this beyond what they said in the kickstarter.

Maybe this won't be my only bad one of the bunch of kickstarters

I have not backed, but I was quite interested when this first showed.
Now, I'm not sure this will see the light of day anytime soon. Didn't they already need another kickstarter?

Yes, they had a second Kickstarter.

Sounds like Q1 next year to me.

For the first time I actually feel interested in this beyond what they said in the kickstarter.

Maybe this won't be my only bad one of the bunch of kickstarters

Really? my experience is the opposite, from all my kickstarters I only regret like 2.

Really? my experience is the opposite, from all my kickstarters I only regret like 2.

I meant this is the only one I regret so far...well until this update...

Back
Top Bottom