Firefox accidentally disables all add ons - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Tech Help » Firefox accidentally disables all add ons

Default Firefox accidentally disables all add ons

May 15th, 2019, 19:20
A lot of new browsers have decided to pre-install ad blockers. Firefox has still not done so.

Apple originally did it to keep ads from throttling the iPhone and save battery, but most companies who are doing this are actually looking for a payoff to be whitelist.

Go with uBlock origin as adblock, once good, seriously slows down the experience now.

--

I've heard good things about Waterfox but its still a fork. There's a reason Quantum was pushed on us too - there are vulnerabilities in the old plugin system that FF just couldn't ignore any more. Waterfox still has these until it too upgrades.

My biggest problem with Quantum now, of course, is how difficult it is to actually change stuff like making it look like a real browser and not this minimal garbage.
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

May 17th, 2019, 03:57
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
My biggest problem with Quantum now, of course, is how difficult it is to actually change stuff like making it look like a real browser and not this minimal garbage.
The more minimal, the better! Unless you're Jen:

loading…
--

Caddy

Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
+1:

May 17th, 2019, 17:43
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
The more minimal, the better! Unless you're Jen:
Am I alone here in saying I've actually experienced all of this - having to explain what a browser is, getting crap for insisting I remove malware, and getting put down for actually knowing how to run a computer?

Latest Chromium based browser

Features
  • No Back Button: Check
  • No Home Button: Check
  • URL replaced with search bar: previous version, now removed as it took up space
  • Menu: Replaced with hamburger button now removed (no longer necessary as we turned off all your options especially the one to decline automatic updates. You kept changing the look of our browser.)
  • Remove Cookies Add On Button: removed as violating our need to track you to improve your experience
  • Ad Blocking plugin: blocked as it competed with our built in version for paid whitelisting
  • Stop loading page button: removed as unused. our tracking indicates 100% of users load their web pages.
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Tech Help » Firefox accidentally disables all add ons