Kingmaker - Q&A & Character Creation Video

Some more videos, one article & audio podcast.

Why Pathfinder: Kingmaker Turned To Veteran A Storyteller
Pathfinder is a household name for those familiar with world of role-playing games, but the uninitiated should know that the franchise has been a marvel in the tabletop space. With Pathfinder: Kingmaker, the series makes its video game debut--it's based on the Kingmaker module using Dungeons and Dragons rulesets from its tabletop counterpart. But since this is a single-player RPG, Pathfinder would need a robust narrative to bring its world to life, which is why developer Owlcat Games teamed up with one of gaming's great storytellers, Chris Avellone.
Gen Con 2018 Seminar 23 – The Pathfinder Kingmaker CRPG
Paizo’s licensing team shows off the latest news and images from Owlcat Studio’s Pathfinder: Kingmaker computer roleplaying game!

I had a blast with the CC. I went through the first chapter of the game 5 times with all kinds of characters. I still ended up with my favorite, a Ranger, but enjoyed Sorcerer, Barbarian, Druid, and Rogue.

I already own the game from KS and Beta playing. Very happy with it but for me personally I found parts of it generic. This does not mean bad but it was one con I noticed - if only for me and my own likes/dislikes on game.

By generic I mean the dialogue was a little bland IMO. There wasn't anything about the dialogue or characters that really jumped out at me … and I tend to be very forgiving when it comes to companions and dialogue. I didn't dislike it but it also didn't grab me like say MacCready in FO or Alistair in DAO did. That being said I do have a few characters I like and will bring with me.

Art theme is also a bit general to me - nice but didn't feel unique in any real way. Story I have very much enjoyed so far. It seems a fairly solid game to me even if parts felt a little plain and vanilla. But that is me - just some quick thoughts from playing it off and on since I got into the beta.

Total plus to the CC though - really love how in depth it is.

EDIT: MY first full play will be with a Ranger and wolf companion. For followers it will be Regongar, Linzi, Amari, Octavia, and either Tristiam or Harrim. That might change as I get deeper in but I know I want the first three based on playing with them so far.

Do companions gain experience outside your party? I like to switch them around

EDIT: MY first full play will be with a Ranger and wolf companion.

I doubt anyone here is surprised by your choice wolfgrimdark. ;)

I'm thinking of making an Inquisitor, I'm not sure for which god though. I'm not that well versed in Pathfinder lore.

Do companions gain experience outside your party? I like to switch them around

There is a setting for it, I saw it in the overview video Couchpotato posted above.

Are we all ready for this behemoth? I feel like this will be far and away the closest we get to Baldur's Gate. It's going to be deep.

Honestly I'm only enthused because everyone else seems to be.

Pathfinder is a generic and inferior D&D clone, and this looks about the same. My fear is that since the game is 120 hours long, it will also end up being very repetitive.

I'm happy to eat crow if it's a great game, but it wont be because of either the combat (it should be turn-based) or the setting (Golarion is boring and uninspired).

Pathfinder is a generic and inferior D&D clone, and this looks about the same. My fear is that since the game is 120 hours long, it will also end up being very repetitive.

I'm happy to eat crow if it's a great game, but it wont be because of either the combat (it should be turn-based) or the setting (Golarion is boring and uninspired).

Not everyone has memory bad as yours. We get it :rolleyes:

Damn. How am I supposed to fit this in between BT4, PoE2 and Star Control? And Insomnia is releasing too, since I backed it it woul be weird to at least not try it. Can someone send me more time?

Yay! Medieval Codex resembling UI!! I thought about the same thing to spice up our game story telling windows! But ours will be a little bit more like a codex from a Dark Fantasy / Dark Medieval / Demon infested world, and this shows on the clerics how they have painted the codex = the story. :)

Well said! I have seen great monsters in the Pathfinder compendiums, but I had to skim through a lot of monster descriptions to find that few and there was a surprising number of mediocrity. Still if they ever decide to create a turn-based Pathfinder game, I'm in! :D

Preload - soon

It seems the preload will open at 5:30PM CET - so very soon. I have already obtained my key from the owlcat site (no email was sent - yet) - and it's sitting in my Steam list waiting for the grand opening ;-)

I'm off to a conference on Wed so won't really have time to play this week...

It seems the preload will open at 5:30PM CET - so very soon. I have already obtained my key from the owlcat site (no email was sent - yet) - and it's sitting in my Steam list waiting for the grand opening ;-)

I'm off to a conference on Wed so won't really have time to play this week…

Hm. Seems that something went wrong with the preload (not yet up) - and valve have shifted the release date later on the 25th :-S

Got my keys too!!! :D I usually prefer GoG but I chose Steam for Kingmaker since beta testing was done on latter platform.

Back
Top Bottom