Witcher 3 - A Musical Tribute by a Fan

As usual when it comes to The Witcher, great visuals with generic and uninspired music.

It worked with first two games because ppl didn't expect something extraordinary and didn't care if the music is average or not. But with TW3 they better polish it into something more spectacular.

I'm not a graphics whore but a music whore. :D

As usual when it comes to The Witcher, great visuals with generic and uninspired music.

It worked with first two games because ppl didn't expect something extraordinary and didn't care if the music is average or not. But with TW3 they better polish it into something more spectacular.

I'm not a graphics whore but a music whore. :D
I actually like the music in the Witcher games, particularly the first one where I think that the music was one of its biggest strengths in creating the atmosphere.

Last edited:
It was not. However, the ambient sounds in arrangements were cleverly used. ;)
Now when I mention that… What happened with swiss ambient sound experiment - Yello?

It was not.
I wasn't aware that that was absolute fact. Since I don't have any reason whatsoever to question the validity of your statements, I guess that I have mistakenly credited the musical score for having a significant influence on the atmosphere that I perceived while playing the game….O well, my bad.

:)

Last edited:
Your bad definetly. :p
Although, we all have a different taste. ;)

Btw… Do we agree that Tesis is a provocative masterpiece that everyone should watch?
Or we'll wait for the debunking of nazicamps snuff shorts compiled by Hitchcock?

I actually like the music in the Witcher games, particularly the first one
Dont worry, you're not the only one.

Also, I dont think that a fan tribute reflects the quality of the real games music.

I must concur with Asdraguuhl; the music in the Witcher was splendid and wonderfully assists in evoking the beautifully wistful almost romantic folk feeling that goes with its experience. Favourite pieces off the top of my head include the River of Life, Peaceful Moments and the Dike.
It's subjective, yes, but I'll just say that the Joker has no idea what he's talking about. ;)

I will say that I didn't quite find the sequel's music as vivid (none comes to me now) but that could change once I finally get around to sampling the Roche path in my EE playthrough.

Yep, the music in #1 was good, had character and contributed very effectively to the atmosphere. I'd say like very few games since the Gothics, at that time.

In #2 it was somewhat generic and forgettable. I guess decent and serviceable is the best I can say for it.

Especially in the Witcher 1 the music was fantastic, how it mixed slavic medieval flavor with modern classical music and a pinch of celtic ambience. I think among fantasy music enthusiasts it's a well-known and much appreciated composition by Adam Skorupa and Pawel Blaszczak. The second game they changed one of the composers, and the soundtrack became more generic, but somehow more tailored to the game, too.

As for this track, well, their enthusiasm is appreciated. :)

I couldn't care less about music in game I usually turn it down so I just here the ambient sounds.

I must be in the minority though as dev's always make a big deal when they hire some big shot composer.

Back
Top Bottom