Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arhu

Two Sides
Staff Member
Administrator
Greetings.

The forum layout is still work in progress, but if you found something annoying, a bug you'd like to see fixed or a feature you'd like to see added or changed, feel free to post here. :)

Bug Reports

• User CP page unfinished (Arhu)
  • styles should have the logo of the "site" the user is currently on, regardless of color
  • Forum popup menus unfinished
  • Zoom feature not working on the forums (plus not saving on the main site)

Feature Requests

• More and different smilies (Arhu)
  • Different forum icons and smilies, as the current ones don't look good in dark styles (Arhu / Moriendor)
  • The big RPGWatch Forums name in the main index should be a link to refresh the page (Gorath)
  • Brighter blue for user names in the Lapis Watch theme (Moriendor)
  • Quick reply box for unregistered users on the comment pages (Arhu)
  • Show newsbit above the first comment. (r3dshift)
  • Comments should open in a new window. (Gorath)
  • add a line before the the "path" ...

Solved Issues

• PMs are stretched strangely and the reply button is called "quote" (Dhruin)

Last edited:
Comments should open in a new window.

Hi,

I've already posted twice, yet my post count has remained zero :)
EDIT: According to the counter, I've got a single post now that I've posted thrice. Does this mean that the first two posts are like warm-up posts only? :D

EDIT2: Thanks for enabling Avatars ;)

Last edited:
User names are a little hard to read with the dark "skin" unless you mouse-over them. Maybe they should be a little brighter blue by default(?) :)

Oh, and smilies are obviously not optimized. If you use the dark skin, they have a pretty visible, ugly border around them. Looks like they aren't transparent GIFs.

Okay, more woes from me, sorry :)

Would it be possible to have the colour scheme selected and set for the forums (i.e. amber/dark in my case) on the main news page as well? Because I still get the blue/dark combo there unless I click on "Comments".

Also, it seems to me that whenever I switch to User CP or Forums, the icon and text on the top left change to MMORPG watch, even though I start out from RPG watch.

r3d, your post count reads 3 to me!! We will attempt to fix all reported bugs as quickly as possible, so please be patient, there's only 2 people working on the technical issues.

Hm, I'm not sure about that. I actually prefer it the way it is. Only links to external sites should open in a new window, in my opinion. But I've added it to the List anyway. By the way, middle-click opens a new window in Opera or Firefox I believe.

EDIT: According to the counter, I've got a single post now that I've posted thrice. Does this mean that the first two posts are like warm-up posts only? :D
Yep.
Heh, no, the counter was disabled for news comments. Is back up again.

And another snag: I can't select/upload an avatar. The only option I have is not to use an avatar, which is permanently checked :)
Fixed. Avatars can be uploaded or linked to, not animated, 80x80.

User names are a little hard to read with the dark "skin" unless you mouse-over them. Maybe they should be a little brighter blue by default(?) :)
Mm.. yea, maybe. It's the default link color. I'll put it on the list.

Oh, and smilies are obviously not optimized. If you use the dark skin, they have a pretty visible, ugly border around them. Looks like they aren't transparent GIFs.
Aye, they are still the default smilies shipped with vBulletin. I plan on changing all of them in the future, especially the forum icons.

Hm, I'm not sure about that. I actually prefer it the way it is. Only links to external sites should open in a new window, in my opinion. But I've added it to the List anyway. By the way, middle-click opens a new window in Opera or Firefox I believe.

Yep.
Heh, no, the counter was disabled for news comments. Is back up again.

And another snag: I can't select/upload an avatar. The only option I have is not to use an avatar, which is permanently checked :)
Fixed. Avatars can be uploaded or linked to, not animated, 80x80.

Mm.. yea, maybe. It's the default link color. I'll put it on the list.

Aye, they are still the default smilies shipped with vBulletin. I plan on changing all of them in the future, especially the forum icons.

Okay, more woes from me, sorry
Woes are welcome, woes can be healed. :)
Would it be possible to have the colour scheme selected and set for the forums (i.e. amber/dark in my case) on the main news page as well?
Unfortunately, no. The blue theme is standard for "RPGWatch", the amber theme is standard for "MMOWatch". Being able to select them on the forums is a special feature, so to speak, because the forums aren't integrated into the main site.

Also, it seems to me that whenever I switch to User CP or Forums, the icon and text on the top left change to MMORPG watch, even though I start out from RPG watch.
Yes, that's due to the color being linked to the site, except for the forums. Although what you describe could be taken as a bug.. I'll add it to the list, low priority. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for all your work, mates. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being impatient here, so just take your time fixing stuff ;)

@ Corwin: of course it reads 3 now, 'cause I've been busy posting :)

Also, having re-read Arhu's welcome post, I've realised that currently I can't have the same colour scheme/combo for the news page and the forums. No worries.

Yet another enquiry: when commenting on news, would it be possible to have the news itself appear in a separate field above the comment filed? Just like the way it was on RPGdot.

Last edited:
Cormac, check the size of your Avatar; it's limited to 80x80!!

I am sent to mmowatch when I log in, is there something I need to set or reset so I go to rpgwatch?

Mm.. are you using the Amber Watch style? If so, you're still on the forums and the logo is called MMOWatch because it's linked to the color theme. Will change that eventually. Otherwise, click on the blue RPGs tab at the very top.

The seem to be missing account activation mails.

- HiddenX

Maybe others too.

The seem to be missing account activation mails.
- HiddenX
Maybe others too.
Are you sure it's the activation mails? I made a test account and got an activation mail (with an empty sender), but after activation I got no welcome mail. Maybe it's just the welcome mail that's not sent out for some reason?

He said he didn´t receive a confirmation mail.

My confirmation/activation mail (both) got eaten by my spam filter. Internet provider is 1&1. Maybe HiddenX (since he's in Germany, too, and might have 1&1 as well) should check his webmail online and have a look into his spam folder(?)

I got my welcome message now, with some delay.

Anyway, I see you've already replied over at the 'dot. Yes, the mail was probably spam filtered by hotmail. I found a post on some other forum:
I've found that, for some reason, the final Account Activation email is considered spam by hotmail's junk mail filter.
The empty sender might indeed be the reason for that. We'll have to wait for Myrthos to come up with a mail address to use there.

Yep, I tried a similar 'test' and mine went to my spam box at hotmail too, so I'm sure that's the reason!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom