Arakion

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Arakion is a modern take on a classic RPG formula. You're put in control of three heroes trying to survive a world devastated by war. Adventuring in Arakion will take you across open land, into deep dungeons and even put you in control of rebuilding a desolated town.

A great evil, nearly destroying Arakion in ages past, has returned. It is up to you to create a band of heroes to fight this darkness. The game takes place on two continents floating in the sky, as well as hundreds of minor islands. Arakion has been marred by war and strife for thousands of years and the landscape is a reflection of that.

Arakion will be released for Windows, Mac and Linux (with possible tablet support after release)

More information.

I'm a backer for this one. This project is the one that made me change my approach to KS and only back 'medium to big teams' (i.e. no more backing teams of less than 5 people). Not saying smaller teams don't deserve backing, but I feel the chance of failure is too high.

In this case, supposedly the guy ran out of KS money so he is doing freelance external work to pay for the rest of development for this one. Supposedly he'll post an update this week about the game's alpha/beta release.

One of the K'S I most regret backing. I understand that sometimes sh*t happens, especially when teams are small and lack experience. In a way, that can be part of the charm. But this KS's creator is quite slow with his updates and - although he promises - never delivers them on time. (The Antharion team sadly don't update much either anymore, although messages appear at least semi-monthly). I find this lack kind of communication very disappointing, especially since the product is 2 years late and still in alpha.

Last edited:
I didn't go crazy with my pledge on this one, so I feel no regret with helping on this project. First Person Blobber + original art style = interest. But I do hope it sees the light of day…

Here is a link to the last update on November 30th, outlining his progress and some problems encountered.

The latest:

"Hey everyone,
Alpha will begin rolling out in the next few days. Time willing I'll be posting some video updates showing off the game. All pledge levels will be in Alpha 1 but we'll be using a trickle down system so that the higher pledges have first access. We'll also be giving early access to our community members who have been active on the forums."

From yesterday's update (6/6/2015):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lavidimus/chris-taylors-arakion/posts/1253804

Back
Top Bottom