NWN - Enhanced Edition Coming Soon

Sweet, its compatible for both original and EE version. Just checked it with Savant (Aielund Saga author) :)

I hope they studied the essential henchmen mods for this game. Without those I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the experience much

Weird isn't it. The only enhancement NWN needs is the ability to control companions. You'd hope that after 15 years of this being the no.1 complaint then this would be the first thing they'd fix. Now that I'd happily pay for.

Just play it as it was intended - in cooperative multiplayer. Then Henchmen won't be an issue :)

I put in a bit of time last night, made it through the tutorial/prologue ... played on my new MacBook Retina 12” with everything set to max. Performance was great without any issues ... but the graphics were ‘uneven’, and didn’t see what I thought of as particularly huge improvements so far. Yes I know this is essentially ‘early access’ ... but it makes me wonder how/why I will care when the ‘full release’ arrives.

But as I said before, my core value statement was ‘playing the full (core & 2 expansions) version of one of my favorite games on the Mac again’. So for me, I am seeing the $20 value already.

Whether it will be worth any money to a pc owner of the originals is the question for most of us though. What does EE offer that isn't already available on the net? My hope is that all the stuff is integrated into one package so that I don't have to spend 4 hours tweaking the game to play it.

Eventually it will probably be a good deal, when it's discounted and they've implemented something worth talking about.

I see absolutely zero reason to buy this at 20$ at this point in time.

Whether it will be worth any money to a pc owner of the originals is the question for most of us though. What does EE offer that isn't already available on the net? My hope is that all the stuff is integrated into one package so that I don't have to spend 4 hours tweaking the game to play it.

Eventually it will probably be a good deal, when it's discounted and they've implemented something worth talking about.

I see absolutely zero reason to buy this at 20$ at this point in time.

Exactly - I played some of the OC and HotU this year on a new hybrid laptop (Samsung GalaxyBook) without a single issue. I have yet to see anything that makes me say to the PC gamer side of me (or any other PC gamer) that THIS is worth buying.

As D’Art says, maybe someday - but not today.

The oc campaign was utterly dissapointing and bored me to tears. Plus it was pretty annoying that I couldn't control those henchmen properly. The addon content as much as I can remember was more enjoyable.

At this price I'm not really intrested. I could imagine grabbing this with 5 euros or so if it goes on sale later.

Beamdog are well aware ;)
This is the moment of Shut up and take my money.
I am still playing nwn mods this year, so any new content added into the game is a reason enough for me to spend money. Sincerely, I hope that the nwn mod community would rekindle somewhat after the release of this EE.

This is the moment of Shut up and take my money.
I am still playing nwn mods this year, so any new content added into the game is a reason enough for me to spend money. Sincerely, I hope that the nwn mod community would rekindle somewhat after the release of this EE.

Nothing will rekindle this game except making it appeal to a modern audience.

You don't do that by not really doing anything and charging double the old price.

If they manage to make it look like something from this decade - then maybe there's a chance. Not until then.

Back
Top Bottom