Frostpunk - Release Date Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Frostpunk will release 24th April.

--- About Frostpunk ---
The 19th Century. It was supposed to be the peak of human achievement. Instead, it turned out to be the end of our civilization.

Now, as the ruler of the last city on Earth, it is your duty to manage both its citizens and the infrastructure. What decisions will you make to ensure society's survival? What will you do when pushed to the breaking point? Who will you become in the process?
▶️ Build a city powered by steam to oppose the overwhelming cold
▶️ Establish laws and rule the society according to your will
▶️ Heat is life - harness its power
▶️ Secure crucial resources in a time of need
▶️ Explore the frozen wastelands for knowledge, survivors and supplies
▶️ Make the best decisions in the worst circumstances

Do what it takes as… THE CITY MUST SURVIVE. Coming to Steam, GOG.com, and Humble Store at launch, the spiritual successor to This War of Mine will land on PCs in a digital version for the price of $29.99 USD and retail version for the suggested price of $34.99 USD in the form of a special “Victorian Edition”. This special edition includes the “New London - The Art of Frostpunk” hardcover book which shows off the beautifully crafted artwork and concept images from Frostpunk’s icy interior.
More information.

I'm buying it, eventually, but it ain't RPG.

Not an RPG, unless by some stretch you count role-playing a City governing simulator as counting.

Also, I hate the title and in general, anything with the term -punk appended.

Yep, Steam has it categorized as a strategy simulation. FrostpunkSim?

Great Art Direction and my favorite male singer. Amazing professionalism in the trailer. Too bad it ain't a Turn Based Tactical, then I would buy it! :D

Quite unlikely they manage to deliver on the survival side, tough decisions imposed by an uncompromizing environment etc

Going to be an unlock the technology tree city builder.

Quite unlikely they manage to deliver on the survival side...
Dunno what's unlikely to you but I saw an option to enforce child labor. Which is, when it comes to that game, a survival thing. And a thing impossible to do in a game named Tyranny.

It's very likely I'm doing it when I buy the game. Which won't be soon because of too many actual RPGs appearing lately.

The option of child labour does not by itself hint at survival.
Just like an option to eat human corpses would not hint at survival either.

It is part of the technological tree unlocking thing:eek:ptions are unlocked, one is taken and that is all.

Very unlikely they managed to deliver on the survival side.

The review reminds of a review made on SKyrim: when reading that review, it was not possible to recognize Skyrim as the reviewer added so many things that were not in Skryim.

This review does the same: it adds. It makes up. Even at the end, it is admitted that the connection thing does not work: it is hard to feel connected to citizens and easy to be detached. Pawns do not grow to the status citizen.
The reviewer added an emotional dimension coming from himself or herself, not from the product.

This product is depiction not living through. A situation is as such because it is depicted as such, not because it is lived through as such.

It does not bring an experience in survival, tough decisions to be made, it provides a depiction of it. It is stated so it must be that way, even though the lived experience tells otherwise.

the reviewer added so many things that were not in Skryim.
Added?
Sorry, for all I remember no reviewer mentioned utter brokeness of the game. They added nothing but subtracted.

To make such statements, the referenced review must be remembered. Which is very unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom