New router

But can you get 900mb/s off local wired network?

I do:

7JHo9yN.jpg

But can you get 900mb/s off local wired network?

Haven't tested that. But all my wired devices (7) are connected to a switch, using the router only for internet access. So the new router does not affect wired LAN performance, only WIFI, and WAN bandwidth. Methinks.

pibbur

Last edited:
That is true. I use a 4 port router since I only have 4 wired devices so I never saw the need for an additional device.

Haven't tested that. But all my wired devices (7) are connected to a switch, using the router only for internet access. So the new router does not affect wired LAN performance, only WIFI, and WAN bandwidth. Methinks.

pibbur

Hum. I wonder if they upgraded the cpu. If so then perhaps I should get a new one. The one I used to have (it was the non-ac version) was only able to transfer around 600mb/s.

This was tested straight through the 4-port switch on the router. It's a mix between cat6 and cat5e, so cables don't seem to be an issue. Just tested on my external switch too, same speed. My friend has an N66U, i'll see if he gets a slower transfer rate.

I like to eliminate possible issues on the PCs themselves first, so I'd suggest testing max throughput by just directly connecting the PCs to each other. It's quite easy to then identify the culprit when you add the switches and router, or involve the building wiring.

Is the local 900Mb/s traffic flowing through the router or just through the switch ? I had an early 66 non ac router.

This was tested straight through the 4-port switch on the router. It's a mix between cat6 and cat5e, so cables don't seem to be an issue. Just tested on my external switch too, same speed. My friend has an N66U, i'll see if he gets a slower transfer rate.

For myself replacing the router was sufficient which clearly indicates the issue was not the pc. However, the type of traffic i was performing involved a huge number of smallish packets.

I like to eliminate possible issues on the PCs themselves first, so I'd suggest testing max throughput by just directly connecting the PCs to each other. It's quite easy to then identify the culprit when you add the switches and router, or involve the building wiring.

Is the local 900Mb/s traffic flowing through the router or just through the switch ? I had an early 66 non ac router.

As I said, I tested it both ways with the same result (so yes, getting that result through the router). And that's what the latest benchmark was from (non-AC 66u).

Back
Top Bottom