Beyond Mankind: The Awakening - Release Day

I'm curious about this one and I had it on my wishlist. It was made by the team that made by the same team that made the pretty good M&B1 Viking Conquest expansion.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. clone.

Not really, or at least I didn't get that impression from the demo. It's more of a blend of post-apoc and sci-fi.

I'm curious about this one and I had it on my wishlist. It was made by the team that made by the same team that made the pretty good M&B1 Viking Conquest expansion.

I was underwhelmed by the demo. For that price though, I might give the full game a shot anyways.

What did you like or didn't like? Curious about hearing your opinion, about this game.

The overall quality. Granted, that was a demo they threw out during the last Steam game festival, so maybe it doesn't represent what the full game is like.

It was very janky feeling and ugly. The textures are low quality by today's standards, and it looks more like something released 10 years ago. I realize that's kind of a shallow complaint though given the price.

Here's a review that you might find more helpful. He does a good job of pointing out some pros and cons.

https://youtu.be/GnGz-uW3-dE

Yeah, in the footage I've seen there's quite few glaring technical problems, and an amateurish look to the design. My guess would be it's not all that.

Only cost $13.99 so I cant complain. I also enjoy playing the game.

It was very janky feeling and ugly. The textures are low quality by today's standards, and it looks more like something released 10 years ago. I realize that's kind of a shallow complaint though given the price.

Yeah, this has Euro-jank written all over it. And it is a pretty ugly game by today's (or even yesterday's standards).

Getting pretty bad reviews early on Steam - one person claimed the story was only about 4 hours long.

I tried the game and it's pretty disappointing. I don't mind much the ugliness of it but the cheesy story and overly confusing gameplay, no.

Okay well first of all it''s a very short game, I probably finished the game in four hours, as it only has a few maps before you make the last choice. So that's a negative.

Second yeah it looks dated and it is. Third it has bugs that will ruin your play-through sometimes. They range from skills not updating to changing your avatar's sex.

Now do I recommend this game?No wait for a very cheap sale to buy it. Your welcome.

Okay well first of all it''s a very short game, I probably finished the game in four hours, as it only has a few maps before you make the last choice. So that's a negative.

Second yeah it looks dated and it is. Third it has bugs that will ruin your play-through sometimes. They range from skills not updating to changing your avatar's sex.

Now do I recommend this game?No wait for a very cheap sale to buy it. Your welcome.

Thankyou Couch, even though four hours in qayto-time is probably 8 hours, that's too short. I don't mind some dated graphics if there's enough story, intrigue and game play to support it. I may look again in a few months if there's a very cheap sale and evidence of a flock of patches.

Back
Top Bottom