Knights of the Chalice II - Content-Complete

Redglyph

SasqWatch
@shamroxor; spotted that Knights of the Chalice 2 had reached the content-complete status. Thanks!

Update #52: Hurray! KotC 2 version 1.19 is Content-Complete! New Editor Guidebook!

Hello everyone! Version 1.19 of KotC 2 Augury of Chaos is now available for download here for both Windows and macOS. The main addition to the game is new village content and I'm very glad to say that Augury of Chaos is now Content-Complete! That's a major milestone in my eyes and it could only be achieved thanks to your awesome help and support!

New Content in KotC 2 Augury of Chaos

All of the new content is optional. In the initial part of the game, it includes the Dryad encounter, the Cursed Man encounter, the Thieving Magpie quest, the Jagernaut encounter, the Sun Monk companion, extra wilderness monsters, new Nature / Herbalism skill checks, extra dialogue with the Blue Cloaks, and a number of NPC groups travelling through the village from time to time to improve immersion.

In the late part of the game, the new content includes a brand new map which is the ruined version of Finchbury, a couple of tough encounters, the Doomsdayer, new artifacts and magic items, and extra dialogue with the residents of the inn.

[...]

New Module Editor PDF Guidebook

The next most important change coming with this update is the launch of a new 64-page Module Editor PDF Guidebook designed to help you create a brand new adventure module using the KotC 2 Module Editor. It's packaged together with the Augury of Chaos PDF Guidebook, now available in version 1.01. I'll probably expand the Module Editor Guidebook with a few extra topics later on.

[...]
More information.

Waiting for the steam version before trying the game again. And anyhow, I still have wotr to finish, and encased, and trudograd then I will have Solasta new dlc....

He is trying to get the Steam and GoG versions released by December or January. Starting to look real good. I just hope it's not too hard for people that don't min/max or know D&D rules like the back of their hand. I like hard games but this one was crazy early on. It's been made easier but I hope he doesn't scare potential buyers away.

I'm also haven't played an am waiting to play the Steam version. I thought the difficulty on the first game was pretty good (at least for me). It really ramped up at the end after defeating all the giants, but before then I thought it was just right. Difficulty is a hard thing to get right, as some people want difficulty levels which I would consider too frustrating. But thats why I think any game should have multiple difficulty levels. I suspect because of the graphics this one will mostly attract die hard D&D fans.

The game I'm most looking forward to playing, hopefully in the next year or so!! The first game is so darn good, if you enjoy the genre and haven't played it to date, you really should give it a try.

I'm also haven't played an am waiting to play the Steam version. I thought the difficulty on the first game was pretty good (at least for me). It really ramped up at the end after defeating all the giants, but before then I thought it was just right. Difficulty is a hard thing to get right, as some people want difficulty levels which I would consider too frustrating. But thats why I think any game should have multiple difficulty levels. I suspect because of the graphics this one will mostly attract die hard D&D fans.

I loved the difficulty of the first game. In KotC II the difficulty is ramped way up, maybe 3x as hard from the beginning. I was playing with max hit pts and rolled my stats until there were multi 18's. I was still getting rolled in the early fights.

I crushed KotC I after you learn how powerful forging your own magic items are. I love hard games but when a battle has a 5% chance of victory, it can make you break your keyboard.

It's like playing D&D when you were 12 with all your friends and you just wanted to kill everyone because that's what you do when you're 12.

The first game is so darn good, if you enjoy the genre and haven't played it to date, you really should give it a try.
I still can't believe how good that game is, I adored the art style and would have liked more modules using the same engine. I understand why Pierre went for another style for the sequel but with every update its getting better!

I loved the difficulty of the first game. In KotC II the difficulty is ramped way up, maybe 3x as hard from the beginning. I was playing with max hit pts and rolled my stats until there were multi 18's. I was still getting rolled in the early fights.

I crushed KotC I after you learn how powerful forging your own magic items are. I love hard games but when a battle has a 5% chance of victory, it can make you break your keyboard.

It's like playing D&D when you were 12 with all your friends and you just wanted to kill everyone because that's what you do when you're 12.

I wonder what his thought process was there. It's surely going to hurt sales to some degree.

Imo, he really should nerf it at least a little. He could leave the original difficulty in as some kind of hardcore mode.

Didn't much care for his first game and didn't have much interest in second game. What changed my mind was the ability to mod anything and download other campaigns.

This was my experience when I played the first version release to a tee. I have not played any of the updates yet but I believe difficulty options have been added in to make it easier no? I agree first release was almost unplayable level of difficulty.

Ehh, I didn't find the first game difficult, really. Sure, if you just wade into things, you might get rocked, yet if you approach things with caution you'll be just fine. I'm happy to hear the second game is similar.

Ehh, I didn't find the first game difficult, really. Sure, if you just wade into things, you might get rocked, yet if you approach things with caution you'll be just fine. I'm happy to hear the second game is similar.

Second game when I played it last(a long time ago) was very difficult compared to the first. It has come qa long way and I keep meaning to try out the latest build.

It's not similar at all. You keep saying this when you haven't tried KotC II. I won the first game on iron man. One save no reloads. Couldn't get past the 3rd battle in the 2nd game. Does that sound similar?

He has added easier early fights and campfires to rest at the beginning. I will be trying this soon. I played the mod Harkenworld (sp?) and that was hard at the beginning but fair.

That is why I was specific about having only played the first game. The second is not fully released as of yet, so I have not played it. Considering how awesome the first game was and is, I suspect he will nail the second as well.

Back
Top Bottom