Mechajammer - Released

They actually did that. It was in beta for over a year and a half.
Wow. Then I don't understand why it's in such a bad state.

Anyway, this is way too unstable right now, I tried the tutorial but I encountered many more problems than during the demo, and it's not even possible to save the game. It's also very straining on the eyes because of the pixel art (pixel hunting for ammo and other stuff is a pain).

There are parts I really like, but there's too much inconvenience to make it bearable for long, I really hope it changes dramatically after a good debug session.

Mechajammer Bug Tracker & Roadmap

Probably not fit for a news post, so I'll add this here for anyone interested.

They had the good idea of making the bug tracker visible, so good point for them. Here is the link:

Charis - Today at 15:49
All reported bugs, feedback and suggestions across steam, socials and here have been noted and you can see them all here: https://open.codecks.io/mechajammer

I'm going to add more "decks" the folders the "cards" (notes, i suppose!) live in, so when they've been patched they'll move across :)

I'll say this much for current, well, recent game testers that I've worked with: for the most part people that I've seen play games in advance aren't really all that helpful, compared back when I was heavily into testing games in the eighties and nineties. It had a lot to do with why I no longer enjoy doing such things myself, if people aren't going to take the work seriously then they shouldn't participate.

It sounds like a lot of the "fixes" make the game more forgiving. It could be that the testers were people who pushed for a more hardcore version of the game than the general public wanted.

This sounds like the indie equivalent of Cyberpunk's release.

Oh no cyberpunk 2077 was an almost pristine release for me , a few glitches there and there nothing comparable mechajammer is complete trainwreck. This is just not about bugs, would be too long to list and i am no QA tester for free. It's also about unbelievable design choices too.
When i was saying catastrophic , its not to be edgy . It's really catastrophic , i posted a review on steam but i'll sum up here. Most character skills have no use , only wielding a knife, nothing works, recruiting dont work .
Only way you could accept that, is if you are a family friend of the devs and be shown what is an alpha tech demo. No, this is labelled a full release, not even early access . It requires one year of redesign and work minimum.

Back
Top Bottom