Wonky Run Animation

Janus Joe

Watcher
Is it only me that whenever I try to run on this game, my character stares down on the ground, making it difficult to look straight ahead to the direction you are running to. is that normal on this game, or any fix? Thanks!

Indeed, that mentioned feature is quite unusual and it appears like being a Mouse / HW issue, excluding the possibility that the run button somehow is double associated with the lookdown function? Yes- there are some general fixes like OP and UP so as hints for configurations in here and on the WG Steam Forum. I assume that you use the Steam version, did you apply any third party patches, mods etc to your game yet?

In any case I do recommend of using the UP from Wesp5 as this one does fix a series of issues, just give it a try:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/white-gold-war-in-paradise-unofficial-patch

Thanks for link, @Watchdog. Yeah, that run/lookdown function combination is very weird. I'm going to disable "run" until I find something. That link may help. Thanks again!

Indeed, that mentioned feature is quite unusual and it appears like being a Mouse / HW issue, excluding the possibility that the run button somehow is double associated with the lookdown function? Yes- there are some general fixes like OP and UP so as hints for configurations in here and on the WG Steam Forum. I assume that you use the Steam version, did you apply any third party patches, mods etc to your game yet?

In any case I do recommend of using the UP from Wesp5 as this one does fix a series of issues, just give it a try:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/white-gold-war-in-paradise-unofficial-patch

BTW, that's the patch I'm using. White Gold Unofficial Patch 2.1. It doesn't solve the Run/Lookdown function combo! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did expect that, well- perhaps this might help you out, locate your config folder, normally it is situated in C:\Users\Public\Documents\White Gold\INI, depends of your rigs name, make a backup of your CONTROLSETTINGS.INI and use the attached for a test, this is a different layout, I am not using WSAD but the old style settings, therefore use the arrows for moving around and hit Numpad 0 for running, ensure that the numeric pad is activated by clicking NUM for facing the light on your board, just give it a try.

Attachments

• CONTROLSETTINGS.zip
    724 bytes · Views: 2
Thanks @Watchdog. I'll try it tomorrow. It's almost midnight over here. Thanks!

I did expect that, well- perhaps this might help you out, locate your config folder, normally it is situated in C:\Users\Public\Documents\White Gold\INI, depends of your rigs name, make a backup of your CONTROLSETTINGS.INI and use the attached for a test, this is a different layout, I am not using WSAD but the old style settings, therefore use the arrows for moving around and hit Numpad 0 for running, ensure that the numeric pad is activated by clicking NUM for facing the light on your board, just give it a try.

Thanks very much, @Interzeptor; "Watchdog". I couldn't wait until tomorrow. I had to test it, and it's working. The [Run/lookdown] bug is gone. It was a really quick fix. Thanks again @Interzeptor; "Watchdog". Problem solved! 👍

Thanks for your reply Janus Joe, glad that I could you out, so enjoy playing and let me know if more support is needed.
WG comes along with lots of bugs so be prepared to have many hard saves in case you need to go back.
The Mission guides and general tips which can be found in here might help you along further. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom