This Land Is My Land - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The survival game This Land Is My Land has been released:

This Land Is My Land | Gameplay Trailer

Experience the frontier as a chief of a Native American tribe and resist the onset of the settlers. Explore the vast world full of hostile humans and animals while defining your narrative through the decisions you make.
More information.

It's getting mixed reviews nowadays when in the past it was mostly positive. So either old players didn't like some of the changes, or it's just not that good of a game.

Ohhh, well, I love the song and I've always had such a draw to native American history and culture, so I might have to take a closer look at this one. If we can actually take scalps, that might seal the deal for me! -p

Lol, so much for 'gameplay' in that trailer! I looked it up, this is really cool, like the latest Assassins Creeds but from a unique viewpoint, reviews are saying its buggy but that's to be expected for open world games on release. One to watch!

There was a thread were someone mentioned is doesn't have much of a story/campaign either. Your basically allowed to do anything you want like an open world survival game.

So no it's not an Assassin Creed clone.

I like survival games but not colony builders. This is more of the latter; or it was when I looked into it last year.

That's a gameplay trailer? Where's the gameplay?

I remember seeing a preview awhile back, and I thought it was going to have some RPG elements. Too bad they went straight survival/building because I really like the look of it otherwise.

Some game-play from a few days ago.

Graphics do look good but the game has more of a crafting survival appeal. After watching a few videos it's not that bad, but still not comparable to Assassin Creed.

Only the graphics maybe.o_O

Cool, I'll take a look. If they've made it where you can play a long time with only one dude(tte), I'll probably buy.

Sadly, this game is boring. I had high hopes when it was in EA, but after full release it turned out there is only grind and not much interesting things to do in there. Also, the game runs very badly on my PC. Refunded.

Cool, I'll take a look. If they've made it where you can play a long time with only one dude(tte), I'll probably buy.
If you play it lets us known your opinion.
Sadly, this game is boring. I had high hopes when it was in EA, but after full release it turned out there is only grind and not much interesting things to do in there. Also, the game runs very badly on my PC. Refunded.
Sorry to hear that poor performance seems to be the main reason for most negative reviews. Mostly due to the various bugs and bad optimization by the developer.

I think the American frontier / Wild West would be a fantastic setting for a CRPG. Alas, this doesn't sound even close to what I'd want in such a game.

Yep I agree with you both but sadly Historical settings for RPGs don't get much attention. The last one I played was Kingdom Come Deliverance and it wasn't 'that bad.

Though in Assassin Creed III you played as an Indian, but it wasn't a pure RPG.

Yep, definitely not my style. This is a combat game mostly. The very beginning has you forming a tribe and I checked out. Now I might have played in the open mode but not for $28. It's just not that interesting to me. Great graphics from what I saw, but the subject matter just doesn't resonate with me. I'll probably pick it up when it gets dirt cheap.

After seeing some actual gameplay, I don't think it looks bad. The enemy AI definitely needs work though. I hate when you can just stealth right up to someone and take them out even after crossing their line of sight.

Also, a lot of the more recent Steam reviews mention bugs. I'll check it out after it's received a few patches.

I think the concept of playing a Native American is a cool one for a rpg, but I guess as someone said, historical games don't really sell, unless they are Assassin's Creed, lol.

If I had my choice, I'd rather be the classic American cowboy in an Old West town/setting, but in a true crpg. I think Red Dead Redemption is amazing for that type of experience, but its not a true crpg.

For instance, you could have skills like Fast Draw, quick trigger finger, ice cold concentration ability in duels and all kinds of stuff like that, and then there could be gun specializations like rifle, 6-shooter, and maybe even knife fighter for a stealth/melee type approach. Or be an expert at mining gold, or finding it in the wilderness. Or even be an expert Indian fighter, and you get hired on like a mercenary when frontier towns are having troubles with hostile tribes, and so on.

There are a lot of rich themes involved in the Old West setting that could be mined in a full fledged rpg.

I looked and thought this some kind of Nature Reserve Simulator?
Full of "Meh!"-animations.

I agree, Mercy. The horses and buffalo look like they're tip-toeing. Just weird. I watched my brother play a bit before he refunded. That was enough for me. Maybe on a big sale after some patches.

Back
Top Bottom