Space Wreck - Fallout Inspired Space Game

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We received news about Space Wreck, a game set in space and that is inspired by the original Fallout games (Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout: New Vegas). The game is set in space 20 years post major conflict over asteroid mining. A passenger shuttle is damaged after pirate attack and you are chosen to to find replacement parts on nearby derelict space ship.

The game has the following features that in the opinion of the developer are important for an RPG:

• Role playing
  • Multiple solutions
  • Choice & Consequence
  • Optional but unlimited violence
  • Non-linear world
There is a Steam page and early access is scheduled for February 28, next year.

More information.

inspired by the original Fallout games (Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout: New Vegas).

That sounds odd. Steam page:

Inspired by classic western isometric RPGs (Fallout, Fallout 2, Arcanum)

This actually makes much more sense, just from looking at the screenshots.

The reference to games is an exact copy of the mail we received.

Looks cool. I put it on my wishlist and let's see what happens when the game is finally launched. If it is really open and well-written, I might buy it one day. Can't get my hopes up with all these unknown indies, though. Plenty of disappointments.

Aye, it might turn out to be not worth the while, but until that happens I'll keep hoping for a positive result. If done correctly, this could be an excellent foray into a less traveled realm.

Oh, thanks for the news item! Really appreciate it!

1) Arcanum vs New Vegas - that's on me. Myrthos correctly pointed out that this was exact info me myself provided. That's what you get when you don't copy/paste press releases around :D

Both games serve as an inspiration for the Space Wreck. While New Vegas, of course, is 3D and thus visually anything like our game, we still did borrow a lot from it. For example gated dialog skill checks come from F:NV.

Can't get my hopes up with all these unknown indies, though. Plenty of disappointments.
Cannot agree more! Would love to hear the criticism at any point, there are things I won't be able to fix/change but there've been plenty of suggestions from players I've already implemented

Early Access + colors mess presented on steam = count me out.

Unless it's Star Wreck turned into a game, but I doubt it as SW is not a Fallout parody.

Just found this looking at the right panel of the site. While promising, this has horrible Programmer Made Graphics. :( :(

Back
Top Bottom