Lands of Sorcery - Released into Early Access

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Lands of Sorcery has recently been released into Early Access on Steam and is described as a turn based combat RPG set in a time of virile men, ravishing women, creepy sorcerers and disgusting monsters.

Lands of Sorcery is a turn based RPG focused on combat, storytelling, sexy women, brutish barbarians and overall craziness.

A game inspired by classic sword and sorcery fantasy works, from the writings of Robert E. Howard to 1980's B-movies like Deathstalker II.

Travel to the continent of Akoll, where steel and magic are the law and command a ragtag team of elite fighters to seek your fortune!

Gameplay

Lands of Sorcery focuses on combat, equipment upgrades and character development. As you journey through the dangerous lands of Akoll, a cast of brave (or plain crazy) individuals with diverse skills will join you and serve as a traveling hub to improve your fighters.

• Campaign - Play through the cinematic story driven campaign "The Hunt for Gloomy Whisper" and seek the mysterious artifact that may change the world forever
  • Manage a roster of fighters - Select who goes to battle and who can chill out in town
  • Upgrade a party of supporting characters. From a masseuse to an alchemist, they will travel with you and upgrade your fighters' capabilities
  • 8 unique playable hero classes, with 6 unique skills each
  • 26 different enemies
  • Intimidation System - If hacking your enemies to death isn't working, you can also win by depleting your enemy's Morale and scare them out of the battle field.
  • Battle Rage mechanic - Skill usage increases each character's Battle Rage, which unlocks a special devastating skill.
  • Classic character evolution with combat-centric strategy.
  • Camping - Use your fighters' skills to replenish your heroes during cozy camping sessions.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Sold! That description sure beats the usual description of disgusting men, creepy women, sexy sorcerers and virile monsters.

If it was based on Deathstalker I, I would have got this. Deathstalker II was a little too far-fetched.

Now that is some Sword & Sorcery sh**t! (At least the looks are.)
Kinda like it, but will not join in EA.

Meh. The combat looks more like Darkest Dungeon style rather than what I usually think of when I hear tactical turn-based RPG.

I'd buy it for $5.99 maybe. Definitely not at $25 ever.

So basically Conan or Gor. I love pulp fiction erotica.:p

I'd buy it for $5.99 maybe. Definitely not at $25 ever.
Have to agree not worth the $25 for Early Access.

I'll nab it on some future Steam sale.

looks like the type of game I would initially scoff at, buy for 5 bucks on sale, then it promptly consumes me

Love Robert E. Howard's stuff. Was a bit surprised with the Darkest Dungeon style combat though... but on a limited budget I guess that would be the easiest to develop - less animation and environments, so I guess understandable. I share the sentiments of most above.

Looks like amateur hour, to me. I wouldn't mind something set in that Conan and Red Sonya universe, but it needs to be better than this.

Someone obviously hasn't read the Conan novels, comics, or played the F2P game.

I could describe everything but that would violate this site terms.:lol:

You can never go wrong with reading some Howard, I bust out the Conan books every three to five years to to remember what it was like to read them all for the first time. Burroughs, Howard, Lovecraft, many other fine authors that have awesome worlds well worth exploring. If this game can capture a tenth of one of these stories, it will be a game well worth playing!

Back
Top Bottom