Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Two Previews

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here you go two new previews for Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

OnlySP- "Kingdom Come: Deliverance Should be An Eye Opener for Publishers"

The success of Kingdom Come: Deliverance‘s funding shows that as long as the core concept is interesting, the money will come. More publishers need to realise that as long as the initial idea is solid and gathering interest, it will pay off in the long run. Investing in the little guys with good ideas will lead to bigger projects with even better ideas. Kingdom Come: Deliverance gained its funding and is already underway with enough money to fulfill the project, which is outlandishly cheaper than other triple A projects. Publishers like big sales and titles but releasing risky titles that have been gaining momentum is a sure fire way to satisfy both the company’s need to make money and fans of video game’s need to see something brand-new in this franchise that is often over-saturated.
Endlessbacklog- "Kingdom Come: Deliverance Kickstarter Impressions"

Warhorse may be ambitious with their features and promise but they are much more realistic with their timetable and investors. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is tentatively scheduled for Quarter 4 of 2015, nearly two years from now on the PC, Playstation 4, and Xbox One. The developers are not using Kickstarter as a primary means of funding. Instead, like Star Citizen, Kickstarter is a tool being used to show potential investors that there is enough people willing to pay for a singleplayer RPG. They are asking for £300,000 (roughly $500,000) for the Kickstarter and are offering multiple levels of pledges with early access and other goodies. The Kickstarter campaign started on January 22nd and runs through February 20th. Already they have met their funding goal but you can continue to donate to receive a cheaper copy of the game upon launch.
More information.

I enjoyed reading the first preview. I wonder how many other projects over the years got cancelled because they wouldn't take a risk.:)

Taken from the OnlySP preview-
Should publishers play risky business and have a gamble on lesser-known titles that should rightfully be given a chance? Or is it up to the developers themselves to Kickstart the game?
So what do you guys think?

Pubs are gonna pubs. These days they are more interested in funding their own internally developed games, than games from third parties. Which is why Obsidian had such a rough go of it as well. So I hope crowdfunding will be a viable alternative in the future, we just need more people to get KS accounts :)

Depends on whether the publishers actually do real market research and have knowledgeable decision makers. Having said that, I have the feeling many of them don't.

Back
Top Bottom