Phoenix Point - Backer Build 3 First Impressions

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Any Button Gaming shared their impressions of Backer Build 3 for Phoenix Point.

Overall, it's a well-developed game for this stage. To make the game even better I would recommend speeding up the AI's turn. Players don't like waiting for the computer to think. Add a tutorial to assist new players. Not all players will have played strategy games previously. It would be great to know if you have to defeat all enemys or if they have a base you can destroy in each battle. A tutorial would also help with how the missions work into the game. To me they seemed like side missions that I didn't have to do if I didn't want to. It would also be interesting to have the option of playing online and battling other players instead of the AI. At this stage the game is definitely playable and in a better development spot then I've seen with other games, however I look forward to seeing where the developers take the game in the future.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I was surprised how good Build-2 was. But this game needs a Powerplant for a PC. On my old one it ran ssoooOoooo sloooooooow.

It would be great to know if you have to defeat all enemys or if they have a base you can destroy in each battle.

If you're going to try to be a serious publication, it would be great if you would use spellchecker.

The Gollop brothers invented a new genre with X-Com - so I have some faith in this one, and I like the choices so far.

For my part, I like the new X-Coms in terms of the tactical layer - but I despise their take on the strategic layer.

This looks better, but I'm not sure it's "good enough" for a true step forward for the genre.

Here's hoping.

I backed it, so….

I have a hard time taking that review seriously. Complaining about lack of tutorials is fine later on in development, but it seems a bit silly at the current stage. And as far as I'm aware of there are no "aliens" in Phoenix Point, although that one is easier to understand.

When the previewer states he doesn't like strategy games though...ah well. Why did I waste my time reading that? At least it wasn't a video...

Backer Build 3 of this single-player game still needs some work. Multiplayer for example would be great.

I have high hopes on this one and if everything else is perfect i can live with so so performance but perhaps they will clean that up before final release :)
-
Anyone know if it is expected to release in the next 6 months ?

Back
Top Bottom