RPGWatch - Change in GOG Revenues

As to needing money. Currently there aren't enough donations to cover the expenses. We are currently 349 Euro short. I am not sure what GOG will still be paying, but it certainly won't be much, otherwise they would have paid already :)

I corrected the cost of 2018, as I made a calculation error and the new server is on a 3 month discount. So the actual cost is lower than mentioned before in the overview. The cost for 2019 will be even less than this year as the operational cost are somewhat less and we don't have two servers for a few months.
Will be donating before the end of the month but can't cover 350 euros

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Will be donating before the end of the month but can't cover 350 euros

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

No problem, Pladio. You can cover only the remaining 340 euros, after my donation :p

Last edited:
I'll donate a decent bit next month. I'm saving up so I can survive without a (real) job - but I don't like to see the Watch in financial trouble.

This month is a little rough, though - so you'll have to wait.

That said, why is the server so expensive?

We are down to 315… ;)

Well, seems I won't be buying any game this month (not enough time for playing games sadly) so…
Should be down now to 265.

Merry Christmas. ;)

Thanks for all who donated. It is much appreciated. As to it being down to a certain number, there is the small bit that Paypal takes of every transaction :)
I'll update the status

As to the server being expensive, we have a dedicated server. Our new one is 68 Euros a month. The older one was 85, but they roughly have the same specs.

I don't know if RPGWatch can set up donations thru Amazon Pay? Wikipedia does it and makes donations very easy. Gave them a small donation the other day.

I guess I, like GOG, am in the mood for changing things: why is this thread in Comments > News Comments, and not in General Forums > RPGWatch?

Last edited:
It was a news posting originally.

I don't quite understand the numbering there ... Sorry, I'm really bad with numbers ... There's that "0.00" , no comma. If I write 1.00 - is that 100 Euros or 1 Euro or what ?

I assume the "." was the decimal separator… Otherwise I donated over half my monthly salary. O_O

I assume the "." was the decimal separator… Otherwise I donated over half my monthly salary. O_O

It is a decimal operator.

A thousands separator is always used for a group of 3 digits.

English:
1,000,000.50 €

German:
1.000.000,50 €

Never really understood why it's used that way in Europe. Still a lot of things Americans do seems weird to European's. So to each their own as the saying goes.:)

I think paypal changes the decimal operator, depending on what language/location/currency you choose. Do not really remember which of the three.

ps: Oh. 999 posts and 9 mentions. That means I get a free beer, right?

Back
Top Bottom