Depth of Extinction - Targeting September

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new update from HOF Studios regarding Depth of Extinction, announces that they are pushing back the release date to sometime in September.

What’s keeping me from delivering the build today?

Mostly just bugs from changing so much of the back end encounters and objective/mission structure. I’ve also not got the story missions totally in place and am planning to change the tutorial mission. Plus a little bit more polish on various elements such as adding the portraits to the tactical HUD.

As for the schedule

It’s looking like I will split what I had planned for Build 44 into two smaller builds (44 and 45) and then push back the launch about a month. I know this is disappointing to a lot of you since we thought the game would be ready in August, but there are some good reasons to delay!

First of all, the amazing tactics game Phantom Doctrine (the follow-up to Hard West) is planning to launch on August 14 so it seems smart to not be in the same window. I've also been putting in so many hours lately that I was feeling a bit burnt out, so my wife and I took a few days off this week to recuperate. I think it's important to stay healthy and crunching to get the game out sooner doesn't seem to be the right call for us. Hopefully you all understand.

I feel pretty good about the dates below but everything in game dev always takes longer than you think! Adding that extra build gives us more opportunity to get your feedback on the game also and try to assure that the launch build is fairly solid.

• August 2-4: Deliver Build 43 to First Access buyers
  • August 16-18: Deliver Build 44 to First Access buyers (details coming soon)
  • September 3-5: Deliver Build 45 to First Access buyers
  • September 13: Launch on Steam
(these are just estimates as usual)

Feel free to let me know your thoughts in the comments!

[...]
More information.

August is Phantom Doctrine month.
Yes, September is indeed Kingmaker month.

If Phantom Doctrine is half as much fun as Hard West was, it will be both thrilling and amazing. As for this project, I'm certain that I'll be picking it up at some point because I just love how these folks craft games.

If Phantom Doctrine is half as much fun as Hard West was, it will be both thrilling and amazing. As for this project, I'm certain that I'll be picking it up at some point because I just love how these folks craft games.

Oh, didn't realize Phantom Doctrine was by the Hard West guys. This raises my interest a notch for sure.
Hard West was already pretty good, but ultimately shot itself in the foot by resetting progress all the time.

Back
Top Bottom