The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Being an angry intellectual now (executive meeting, yaaay!!!)
So, am listening to my trusty Elvis Costello / Talking Heads medley then.

Nice rhythm and texture parts make up for metal and monster screaming. :)

Screaming? There is screaming on "Ticks & Leeches" (which they AFAIK by the way seldom performe live, at the request of the singer), I wouldn't say there's much screaming on the other songs.

BTW. There is an interesting feature on the title track. Count the number of syllables on each line. Notice somethning special?

pibbur whose favourite screaming in any song deals with careless handling of axes.

PS. Tool's music has been notoriously difficult to classify. Some call it Post Metal, Art Metal, Math Metal, Progressive Metal or simply Tool metal. DS.

Scored 7th row tickets for Steve Hackett / Genesis Revisited in NYC in February. This will be the third year in a row Ive seen him, although earlier this year was a lot of stuff from his newest album. This time hes doing Genesis again, so Ive been hooked all morning again on the shows from a couple of years ago

Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited Live At Hammersmith 2013

Odd, vaguely dark and hazy memories from college years getting triggered by this album. Still great atmosphere, and good tunes. Can really hear the Roxy Music influences on this one.

Simple Minds "New Gold Dream (81/82/83/84)" Full Album

EDIT: And you can hear their influences on U2. Interesting…

EDIT 2: Best heard VERY loud on head phones. Lots of stuff in the far background.

Last edited:
Speaking of concerts ... we're visiting my older son at NYU for 'Parent's Day' (don't even get a whole weekend!) this weekend, and Friday are going to the Jazz Gallery to see "Ingrid Laubrock's Anti House", featuring two others of my faves - Mary Halvorson and Kris Davis ... here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n0E5raIsEU

Back
Top Bottom