C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Discuss Their First Public Gameplay Demo

Dualshockers article with Patrick Mills
Cyberpunk 2077 devs might look into offering difficulty and sensibility options in the hope to mitigate some players' aversion to first-person perspective.
Gamingbolt has more Cyberpunk info
I’ve watched the incredible Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay reveal four times now (rookie numbers, I know), and every time, I’m amazed at the atmosphere and the sense of place the game’s portraying. Granted, it probably won’t look exactly the way it does right now when the game finally launches, as CD Projekt RED have re-iterated themselves, but if this is the sort of world they’re going for, there’s a whole lot to be excited for.

Everything Wrong With The Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Demo
I’m going to say right off the bat if you’re a Centrist™, if you’re a Moderate™, if you’re an SJW, if you’re a Leftist, if you’re a Liberal, if you don’t believe SJWs exist, if you don’t see anything wrong with SJWism, if you hate the Culture War, if you don’t like people criticizing games you obsess over, if you’re incapable of dealing with criticism, if you hate it when people point out the Leftist agenda in gaming, or if you don’t mind the propaganda-laden direction that the industry has gone in, go ahead and close out the tab and do something enjoyable for yourself. Spare yourself the anguish of reading this piece and go have fun; do something nice for yourself. Donate a little of your time to the less fortunate, or go do something constructive with your time, because otherwise this is not an article for you. All ye who have not been converged, enter here.
Yeah wont apologize but wasn't sure if I was going to post this one.

Why would you apologize. This wonderful piece of rightwing agenda and propaganda-laden spew of prejudice was not yours after all. :p

Why would you apologize. This wonderful piece of rightwing agenda and propaganda-laden spew of prejudice was not yours after all. :p
Because apparently I discovered I'm a troll Cacheperl. :lol:

I read some of the articles on that site but this one is a good for a laugh.

Ah, yes. The famous troll army of the watch. :lol:
I believe he forgot to add to mercy and Joxer. We travel in groups you know.:lol:

Somebody called?

bc2ed4d5-13aa-4bf0-8f8a-c57a7f237a7e.jpg

My stalker? LOL
Ah well, I'm single so I guess it's expected to happen eventually.

Honestly, haven't noticed that person. Probably posts in threads I don't read at all or leave after a few posts as there is nothing for me to add. The linked thread is about BT4, I'm a KS backer so I'm avoiding it since it was made - I tend to keep away from potential spoilers.

How CD Projekt and Mike Pondsmith came together for Cyberpunk 2077
Speaking at PAX West this week, Mike Pondsmith, who created Cyberpunk 2020, the tabletop RPG on which Cyberpunk 2077 is based, detailed how he began working with Poland’s finest video game development team.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Setting and Gameplay Info From Gamescom 2018

Julian makes an Interview with MACIEJ PIETRAS lead Animator from CD PROJECK RED about the next company game Cyberpunk.

Everything Wrong With The Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Demo
Yeah wont apologize but wasn't sure if I was going to post this one.

I simply had to read that one. I smiled the whole way through it, but felt a bit sorry for the guy. He actually had some valid points but to me he's totally confusing different issues that has no correlation. As in, how is lighting related to "SJW".

Last edited:
Mike Pondsmith In Conversation (PAX West 2018)

Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal with Kahlief Adams

Cyberpunk 2077’s Side Quest's Something Players Have Never Seen
At Gamescom 2018, of the many, many details CD Projekt RED shared about their upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 was about how its side quests would be intrinsically tied to the main story, and how progress in side quests would have a major impact on progress in the main narrative as well.
Why Cyberpunk 2077 Will Scratch That Terrible Mass Effect Itch
Years have passed since a realm of science fiction has captivated us in the vein of Citadel space. I’m talking about an IP with enough commitment to couple rich concepts and intellect with immersive realism. Now Anthem is on the horizon but is less likely to scratch the narrative itch gnawing at fans since before the arrival of Mass Effect: Andromeda. Thus, much like The Witcher 3 built on the Fantasy benchmark set by Dragon Age, I’m convinced that Cyberpunk 2077 will parallel Mass Effect’s ingenious creativity and bring back a brand of storytelling BioWare has practically abandoned. Here are several reasons why I think CD Projekt RED will scratch the Mass Effect itch.

Cyberpunk’s original Night City was prototyped in Sim City
The original design for Night City, the location of Cyberpunk 2077 and the Cyberpunk 2020 tabletop RPG it’s based on, was prototyped using EA’s Sim City on an Apple II.

Speaking at PAX West this month, Cyberpunk creator Mike Pondsmith revealed that he took the classic city management game and purposefully messed his creations up to build a metropolis of juxtaposing locations.
Success of The Witcher 3 Gave Us Confidence
Gamers are still reeling after watching the stunning 48-minute long Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay demo shortly after Gamescom last month. The hype for the game managed to get to new heights, and it was already strong to begin with. It’s hardly a surprise, then, that EDGE magazine chose to feature Cyberpunk 2077 on their November 2018 magazine cover.

In the article, CD Projekt RED’s Producer Richard Borzymowski explained that the success enjoyed by The Witcher 3 – far greater than the previous two installments – breathed additional confidence into the development team as they moved on to the new challenge of Cyberpunk 2077.
More Cyberpunk 2077 Videos

Credit to Bobo for posting these.

Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Trailer Tech Discussion!

Also some info from Edge coverage:

AinC2Z.jpg
(Ugly as hell, I'll admit)

While plenty of other games have explored the sci-fi subgenre, none have yet managed to do it to this level of sophistication. What we've seen of Cyberpunk 2077 so far suggests a sandbox city that easily outstrips the detail and quality of GTA V; not only that, but a city in which a truly next- generation mission system ensures you feel less like a fetch-quest reticule travelling from point A to point B and more like you're really making your way in Night City as a cyberpunk for hire.

the studio refuses to use procedural elements in any of Cyberpunk 2077’s environment or quests. This time it’s not just talk – everything really is hand-crafted.

“So Pacifica, it’s this super-dangerous territory where you’ve got people who are basically gangsters, and the Psychogangs rule this district. So violence is more predominant there. But you’ve also got these superrich districts like Heybrook, and we vary animations in a way that are connected to the districts.”

Any stories, characters or themes that aren’t explored in depth in the main story are taken to be fully fleshed out in sidequests

“We want to make sure that all of them are up to the standards of the main quest – that there’s nothing that feels like filler, just something to do while waiting for the next quest, or to get more money to buy the next thing. We don’t really like to do that. We want to make sure that every quest feels like a complete story in and of itself.”

' V pulls out a katana – which vibrates uproariously as it deflects enemy bullets – then slides along the floor on his knees like a six year old at a wedding to lop off a Maelstrom goon’s legs, our fingers tingle in response. '

Your chosen backstory unlocks specific sidequests from the off, while accumulated attribute points and biostats allow for a fluid class system

There’s more choice to what we’ve just seen than is usually available in videogame quests: for instance, you could take DeShawn’s money and run at the very beginning, eschewing his mission but having to deal with the consequences later. You could make off with Stout’s eddies, too, although we presume you’d have to get the virus on the chip scrubbed off somewhere. “We don’t artificially limit ourselves,” Mills says. “Our philosophy for quest design is, ‘If the player can logically do it, then they can’. And if they can’t, then we have to come up with a damn good reason why.”

"Right now our environment artists are populating a level with the assets, and they are not afraid of testing out new things. This is exactly what we need to stay open to, because personally I believe that The Witcher turned out that good – and why Cyberpunk will turn out really good – because we are not afraid of change.”

Cyberpunk 2077’s quests have been designed to be kicked off at almost any point; you’ll be able to go to places and find items in Night City that are part of quests and pick up the trail of what’s going on here in a logical manner, without having to trigger the whole event sequence from a predetermined starting point.

Cyberpunk 2020’s ‘cyberpsychosis’ mechanic, in which players who overly augment themselves with cyberware start to see a negative effect on their mental health, will form part of the game – though CD Projekt won’t go into details. As a quest designer, the Faustian bargain behind transhumanism is fascinating to Patrick Mills. “All the travails of the flesh fade away, and you become a perfect machine of chrome. But you had to buy those body parts from someone, and now you’re in debt to them; if you need parts, you’ve got to go to their store. You have this very utopian idea of being liberated by technology. And it’s like, not so fast – you haven’t solved the problems. The problems are still there, and technology actually makes them worse. ‘High tech, low life’ is one of Mike’s mottos.

Every Sidequest In Cyberpunk 2077 Will Feel Like A Complete Story
One game folks just can’t stop talking about these days is CD Projekt Red’s upcoming RPG Cyberpunk 2077. Based on Mike Pondsmith’s Cyberpunk 2020 series of tabletop RPGs, Cyberpunk 2077 promises to take players on a neon-filled adventure like never before. The hype is real, so are the stakes, especially since CDPR’s last game- The Witcher 3 raised the bar very high in terms of quest design and narrative. CDPR is fully dedicated to making Cyberpunk 2077 bigger and better from their past titles in almost every way imaginable.

Cyberpunk 2077 and the Gamescom Afterglow

Gamescom came and went with a whimper this year, but thankfully, we don't need to rely on the show for news to discuss. After all, CD Projekt finally publicly released its Cyberpunk 2077 demo, giving us much to chat about. But our show doesn't nearly stop there. Supermassive Games announced an Until Dawn-like anthology of horror games, NPD numbers for last month illustrate how PS4 games are selling in the US, Assassin's Creed is taking another much-needed break, and Shenmue III finally has a release date. We cover all of that, plus much more, wrapped up with plenty of your questions, and information about our coverage plans for Insomniac's Spider-Man, which is just around the corner.

Back
Top Bottom