Gothic 3 Nordmar and attack on site.

Acleacius

SasqWatch
I tried searching couldn't find this info.

Does killing off Orc parties (Leaders, Shawman and troops) effect Attack on Site for World locations, in the way as freeing a city?
I sure hope not as we don't ahve a choice about fighting them.

Also what about the Mine in Nordmar, if we free it?

Thanks. :)

Please take this only as free thinking gothic-3 ideology....for open discussive purposes and not conclusive.

The short answer has to be yes - 'A-on-S' is a pre-requisite for the world redemption conclusion, the main core of the game (the raging war of the gods) and cannot be dismissed. I think it relates to the three areas seperately, Myrtana, Nordmar and Varant, meaning each can be dealt with on a seperate basis per the gods, Innos, Beliar and Adanos.

According to the books (see eternal wanderer) there is a 'way' or sequence per a previous historical account. It suggests that there need be no killing ("put aside your staff") etc' which is confirmed by the dialogue from Runak the highest of the druids when he says the fate of the world is in your hands using the magic power of Adanos (via the druid stones etc'). However, just to complicate things a little, the orcs in the Nordmar are hostile and can be killed by the 'natives' of that land (with a gentle push from nameless who is the present day 'wanderer') .....this suggests Adanos magics.

So when Adanos (per the books) says "nevermore shall you set foot in my land" it means free from opposing factions? concluding that the orcs in Mrytana and Varant need not be killed but the situation be rectified (per Beliar) from those lands.

By the way Runak also confirms that "the beast" is in fact "the orcs" (per the books - "and the beast was hunting him")

Wulf, I wish I understood your post, but unfortunately, I don't!! Could you please write in English next time!! :biggrin:

O.k Corwin :) the topic is slightly covered in other threads, so staying with the Attack-on-Site issue...

It means 'hackenslash' will always result in the same situation - the *friendly* orcs will eventually become *hostile*. They are the agents of beliar and are being 'commanded' by him via Xardas (suggested by Potros). This is proven when freeing Gotha correctly eg: Gorn/demon/Potros/Shawn, the orcs will vacate the area without any intervention and on their own will when they shout "retreat" - because the source of evil has been removed - quest solved, their presence is no longer valid - there are no mobile phone calls in G3 telling them to vacate!!

There are two distinct types of orcs "friendly" and "hostile"

It seems, killing all "naturally hostile" orcs is allowed firstly, and it's hinted that friendly orcs which are reputation dependable to earn their trust via quests can be somehow (interpreting the books) be dealt with much later in the game. The hostile orcs are clearly marked by yellow spots on this map by mistress_larisa at WofG.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6830

Thanks for the clarification!! :)

Hey thanks for the input. :)

Turns out in Nordmar it doesn't matter, I was finally able to check this via Teleporting to Fering everything I accomplished something major, to see if I was confronted by the Gate Gaurd to the Pass.
After clearing the Hammer Mine, I teleported and no reply , other than "Don't you have something to be doing."
Then I killed all the Orcs except 1 last encampment, checked in Fering, killed the last of the Orcs, checked Fering, reported to Fire Clan Nordmar was Liberated and finally checking Fering again. :)

I am sure your right about Varant since in that area we have a choice about conflict, but I was glad to find Normar is not World Reported in at least the Kill on Site stats.

Follwoing Mort to get recurits was funny as he went under the World so I had to Goto and followed him, it was very impressive to be under there looking around at everything from a differnet prespective. ;)

If you talk to the orcs standing guard to the pass to Nordmar, they will explain that orcs in Nordmar don't go by normal rules, and will act hostile to you no matter what. There is no way to change this, and those orcs are in no actual way connected to ones in Myrtana.

Back
Top Bottom