Outward - New Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Outward has some new video.

Imagine a new world in which you are not some powerful hero, but a true adventurer.

In OUTWARD, that is exactly who you are. You are not some special chosen one or one to fulfill some great prophecy, you are an adventurer who is constantly in danger.

You have to balance everything from weight management, hunger, thirst, sleep, and more. You are vulnerable. No matter what you do, every situation you find yourself in must be handled with care and with a strategic mind.

You're death will be neigh assured as you travel across the world fighting monsters and bandits, but don't worry this is not the end! With Outward's dynamic death scenarios you won't find yourself resetting at some checkpoint to fight the same enemies in the same situations.

Some deaths may lead to you being captured by bandits or waking up somewhere completely different. Experience Outward alone or with a friend in local and online co-op with a friend and travel the world however you please, with no tethers to the host of the world!

Outward is the adventure game for those who seek to enjoy a true adventure and experience a dynamic story where your choices make a real impact in the world!

Outward will be available on PS4, Xbox One, and Steam on March 26th, 2019
More information.

Nice video. But I fail to see how our character will be a normal adventurer, instead of a powerful hero. Sure, the game will have some kinda of immersion and survival systems, like hunger, thirst, sleep, etc, but that alone doesn't make our character a normal one. Some games have implemented such systems already.

I just don't know... advertising a video game saying it will sport a "normal" character, does that mean our char won't survive a single sword blow?

The game sounds great when reading the description, but I have to say I'm not a big fan of the art style. Visually, it looks like a blend of Western and JRPG influences.

You're mixing things JDR. The game is MMO with possibility to play it offline. Ignore reverse playsafe PR.

Outward AKA "We are failing to make combat look interesting by making opponents idling like brainless sheep."

“Imagine a new world in which you are not some powerful hero..”

Sigh. That isn’t very hard at all.

You're mixing things JDR. The game is MMO with possibility to play it offline. Ignore reverse playsafe PR.

Well, that put a real dampener on my interest. I hoped it might be kind of a "Risen/Gothic" thing with little bits of inspiration from "Fallout:NV" and other rpg:s with more detailed survival elements.

Well, that put a real dampener on my interest. I hoped it might be kind of a "Risen/Gothic" thing with little bits of inspiration from "Fallout:NV" and other rpg:s with more detailed survival elements.

You trust him when he says that this is an MMO?

Joker calls 1/2 of games either MMO or a phone/tablet game.

Some of what they describe seem to be good ideas that have me interested. But I'm always doubtful about "survival" elements. It usually just means that you'll have to do extremely dull stuff to keep your adventure going.

Visually, this looks pretty nice. I like that you constantly have to manage your living situation, now I'm just hoping that there are some rewarding quests/tasks for you to take on as you romp around the world.

To everyone that isn't Joxer this wouldn't be an MMO. I believe there's the option to co-op, but that's it.

Anyway, I backed their failed KS a few years ago, and am kinda surprised this is still going. I really like the premise, so hopefully they can deliver something immersive and entertaining?

The game sounds great when reading the description, but I have to say I'm not a big fan of the art style. Visually, it looks like a blend of Western and JRPG influences.

I had the same feeling at first when I saw a character walk around with a huge saw-like sword, but then rest of the weapons seem to have more "normal" dimensions, and other than that nothing really struck me as JRPG-like.

Back
Top Bottom