What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

I got talked into watching the first Kung Fu Panda movie the other night, it was pretty decent. I'm no longer a huge fan of anime and cartoons, got that out of my system in the eighties, but the messages in the picture were well received by me. I've already seen the second and third movies are available via demand, so I'll likely check those out as well.

Never watched it and most probably never will. Why?
My nephew when like 6 or 7 years watched some kung fu panda tv series, it's like 30 minutes long episodes, each airing daily. Every single time, after each of those episodes, he went loco. Aggressive. It took days till I realized what triggers it. Then I said no more kung fu panda and it was all peace and quiet. Okay not really, but… He returned to normal kid with annoying questions.
I'm not saying everyone, especially me, would have the same reaction, I mean if there are movies I adore it's those with martial arts, but blood isn't water so better safe than sorry. So I'mma stick with good old Bruce Lee, Jet Li and of course Iko Uwais. :)

Deterrence a scenario were the president grew balls and nuked Iraq.

Thanks couch. Watched the trailer and immediately stopped it when I got to this part:
euLjXzx.png

12 Angry Men is one of my favorite movies, so I'm definitely interested!

I like some of the anime like moana and frozen; but the few snips i've seen of kung fu panda on tv has indicated it is not my thing. Rio is another one that I can't stand.

I got talked into watching the first Kung Fu Panda movie the other night, it was pretty decent. I'm no longer a huge fan of anime and cartoons, got that out of my system in the eighties, but the messages in the picture were well received by me. I've already seen the second and third movies are available via demand, so I'll likely check those out as well.

I watched the second Kung Fu Panda movie, I didn't enjoy it as much as I liked the first one. I'll likely watch the third one at some point just to see what happens next.

Have to agree with that, I did watch the original before Carpenter's reimagining and the original left me cold where the latter movie made me drool. :)

I actually remembered another title where I preferred the remake - Cape Fear. The old version was trying to copy Hitchcock thriller type and it partially succeeded thanks to superb acting, but the new one ditched that route and concentrated on charm of lunacy and genius combination. Note that I like both films, but didn't feel the original as impactful on me as the remake.

After seeing numerous remakes in most cases disappointing and rarely at least on par with the original, I honestly always try to watch the old version. Can't avoid current superheroes remakes though… But that's another beast as comics superheroes universe, regardless of the owner, eventually resets.

I caught Get Out because of this thread. It was alright, kept me interested.

I feel like they should have had a better selection of new bodies than just trendy black guys? It starts off SJW, then appears not to be, but sort of still is? I mean, they reinforce a lot of stereotypes, whether it's in a positive or negative light doesn't really matter because the viewers brain has its pre-determined reaction. I could do a post every day about how racist it is to say black Americans love fried chicken and grape soda and all I'd really be doing is keeping those words alive and circulated within popular culture from the safety of my particular alignment on the subject. If it really wasn't SJW then near the end we'd see cells full of prisoners for sale of all makes and models. Surely there's someone in that group of nutters who would prefer to be as close to their old body as possible?

On the last question I can only say no. Where's the fun in roleplaying all the same skills setup/potential over and over again?
Because if the carboncopy was what they were after, they'd go cloning instead of just snatching, and there is already a movie about that: The Island.

Last edited:
I watched the second Kung Fu Panda film and while it was ok, I didn't find it nearly as good at the first movie. Then today I tried watching the third movie, I could only stomach the first twenty minutes or so. The first one was by far the best in the series, at least in my opinion.

I had a bird in a box once; it didn't work out too well.
I bet you found it injured and it died of shock? It's happened to me many times. They almost never make it. :(

I saw High Rise (2015) the other day and it's not worth mentioning.

Back
Top Bottom