Game Informer - Long Live Single Player

I think co-op multiplayer in something like a TES game could be fun. The trouble with MMO mechanics, for me, is that the compromises required for the flexibility of many people playing through the same narrative shatter the suspension of disbelief. (And, some of said people are dicks.) Having a good RPG where you can play through with a regular group of friends is good fun.

Thank god for Skyrim. Whether you like it or not, it made all these corporate suits realize that there is a big market for single player only games.
Well, I don't generally play games developed by corporate suits so I'm not sure if I'm missing out. Though I guess XCOM2 might count...

Nobody plays COD for single player and for the other 2 things you mentioned I think you missed the part where he said the word "games" after single player.;)

Actually, I did. I loved CoD 1 and 2 (didn't play any of the later ones) back in the day. I thought they were pretty immersive WW2 shooters; it actually felt like a war was raging around you.
Then again, I'm a sucker for the WW2 setting. :)

However Paradox is working on life sim game so while it won't be EA's Sims, it could still become singleplayer bestseller eventually.

They are??? O_O That's the first thing I hear about it (and I frequent their forums pretty regularly), but if so, that would be awesome.
Source?

They are??? O_O That's the first thing I hear about it (and I frequent their forums pretty regularly), but if so, that would be awesome.
Source?
A Pardaox employee shared some hints last year in March.

Link - http://www.pcinvasion.com/paradox-to-release-life-sim-and-take-on-the-sims-next-year
“The life sim genre is a very, very big fridge. But it’s sure one we’d like to knock over. Keep an eye out for our 2016 releases for the first push.”
Nothing has been announced, and might never be.

Link - https://mobile.twitter.com/PdxInteractive/status/578961310513254400
Just to clarify: what Shams says on forums is not official info. We have no plans for a LifeSim.

Last edited:
You won't see any real confirmation till the product is near release state.

I think if it happens, it's probably going to be PI (the publisher), not PDS (the developer) who make it happen. Probably the developer would be same company who made City Skylines.

Back
Top Bottom