Drakensang:RoT Some spoiler-ish questions

I've been pumping Cuano full of Human Nature and Fast Talk. He's at his maximum for both.

I agree with you that combat shouldn't necessarily be the focus all the time. My criticism with the way this game handles Human Nature, Fast Talk, etc., is that it's automatically served up to you in the dialog window, calling out whoever has the highest scores in the area. So of course you'll try out the option to Fast Talk or Arcane Lore or whatever if it's right there in front of you. Ideally I think it should be treated like Pick Pocket, where you can take your chance on anyone, and it's not a suggestion shoved in your face in certain crucial circumstances. And maybe have a bad outcome if you fail.

You can get some very nice stuff from pick pocketing in this game, too...

I usually do very little pickpocketing.

Okay, I've done tons of pickpocketing but I can't remember any gimmicks. The only very minor exception is
if you pickpocket one of the elves, it starts a mini-quest where you have to collect stuff from other elve's pockets, iirc.
Is there anything else? I haven't been to the final location on the river yet, so you might be talking there.....

Okay, I've done tons of pickpocketing but I can't remember any gimmicks. The only very minor exception is
if you pickpocket one of the elves, it starts a mini-quest where you have to collect stuff from other elve's pockets, iirc.
Is there anything else? I haven't been to the final location on the river yet, so you might be talking there…..

In the main town of the game (the starting town) you can get several mini-quests stealing from "rich" people. Some of them have much money, then there are medallions to steal which are used for two or three different mini quests. However I forgot, how you start most of them, some probably also by finding the first clue in a random pickpocket. IIRC one of the more shady merchants on the market asks you for others. May be that some of the quests are restricted to thief characters, however

I've robbed every wealthy townsperson in Nadoret, so this must be a thief questline only and I'm okay with that.

Yes, I did so, in some special cases, but I meant I rather don't do I with *regular* citizens.

Besides, regarding my playing style : I give all characters at least a few points of almost everything. Not really "jack-of-all-trades", but I thought it would be god even for an Amazon to have some knowledge of wildlife, plants and animals lore, just in case she would have to travel alone somewhere.

This just as an example. Cuano should learn some bits about plants, especially for creating healing stuff for after a burglary or so. He should be able to help himself if needed, and not to rely on others.

Same with Forgrimm. He works sometimes as a mercenary, and he imho *definitively* should be able to cure wounds … Plus, I gave him the ability to use a crossbow, since this is the preferred long-range weapon of all dwarves.

My mages should know etiquette, and Forgrimm a few bits of it as well, since he works for Ardo, who definitively is an aristocrat (although he doesn't behave or look like one). And mages are often rather preferring higher levels of the societies … Especially if they come from well-known academies.

These academies are what comes in Aventuria closest to our schools. There just aren't schools in Aventuria. Which means that the magicians are (apart from the aristocrats and the followers of Hesinde) usually the most educated ones in Aventuria.

The followers of Hesinde are an exception to this, since some beliefs within the Church of Hsinde are that *everyone* should have general access to a wide area of knowledge … But the aristocrats - especially those who firmly believe in Praios, God of Order and truth, rathr regard this as heresy. They do, because they believe that all order - as it is now : Aristrocrats at the top, the normal citizens in themiddle, the poor ones at the bottom - is meant to be that way by Praios. And who are they to doubt the godly order ?

This is just one of the many, many conflicts between Aventurian churches.

Other conflicts are for example those of Travia - Godess of the Home, the hearth and the loyalty of couples - vs. Rahja (in Myranor often as Raia, in TDE there's no definitive answer on how to pronounve this name), the Goddess of Love, Sex and inebriation.

These examples just show that it can be quite difficult to try to live after *every* God's principles … And then, there are the half-gods, too … (Like Aves, for example, or Xeledon).

Edit : Try pickpocketing the "wood gnome" (???) near to the stinking wyrm (this is a minor quest) in the area of the Elves ... I heard there is kind of an easter-egg there ... ;)

Pick pocket spoiler question-

I picked the pocket of the wealthy woman at Thurstein Tollgate who sets off to the pirate camp on her own. Two questions about this:

1. Where does she go? I made the mistake of fast traveling to the ship, then to the Elf Village, trying to find her in the pirate camp there... Apparently I was supposed to just follow behind her as she walked somewhere. I didn't do that, and now I can't find her anywhere. Stupid mistake on my part. Where does she go? Or did I permanently fail this quest? (It's still considered active in the journal)

2. I stole her pocket watch. It has a unique name, though it doesn't have any stats or abilities. If I examine it, it says it's an intricate watch, and music box-type music plays. It's worth around 25 ducats, but I'm holding on to it in case it has importance. It is not considered a quest item in the inventory. What's the deal with this?

Thanks.

1. She should be either at the Inn in Hammerberg or at the Harbor; she gives you a Quest to assassinate her brother and to bring her his pocket watch as proof of the deed.

2. So I guess you can sell her watch :)

This woman is actually Ulwine Neisbeck from Drakensang 1 !

Wait- She goes to the Inn in Hammerberg? Maybe it's a bad translation, because she said she wanted to go to the pirate camp... which was on the shore by the Elf village map. Maybe she meant Hammerberg? Weird, that's a town, not a camp.

And she already has the watch? Weirdness all around.

I'll look for her around there. Thanks.

Hammerberg is ruled by pirates :)

I took once again a look at the Wiki; she appears there after you did the mainquest in Hammerberg.

Her Father had two clocks created, one for the Lady and one for her brother. Since you need only the clock of her brother for the quest I guess her clock is to sell.

Wait- She goes to the Inn in Hammerberg? Maybe it's a bad translation, because she said she wanted to go to the pirate camp… which was on the shore by the Elf village map. Maybe she meant Hammerberg? Weird, that's a town, not a camp.

And she already has the watch? Weirdness all around.

I'll look for her around there. Thanks.
There may be more than one pirate camp...and a pirate camp may even be bigger than a nearby town...so the town is only an appendix to the pirate camp...

You can't tell who's a pirate and who isn't, there ... ;)

If you want more background information, ask me.

I don't have the official cluebook, but I have instead the pen & paper background/campaign ideas book called "Vater der Fluten" ("Father Of [The] Floods", this would be the English-language name for it).

He's easy if you stay out of range of his breath. I took him at level 9, but I had fireball at this time, which has long range. If you don't have Jaakon and you're not a mage, then you'll need long distance range weapons. Things like Fayris' bow, or the other 40 meter weapons. The trick is to keep your healer well back if you don't have high firepower. The other trick is to make sure to keep burn salve active during the fight. Have your alchemist stock up on this stuff.

If you can get fire-protection-ointment, then use that. But it's rare, I think.

Apart from that : Use long-range weapons. I let Forgrimm batle the water dragon in close combat, though. I wanted him to stay true of the Dwarven's tradition as dragon-battlers.

I make the fire ointment by the barrel. The ingredients are all easy to find/buy. Remember, you get 5 ointment for each set of ingredients. I use fireball all the time and I'll throw it into melee, so my melee guy needs to use it before I do that.

I don't remember anymore here to get the recipe ...

I guess I'm not close enough in my second (and third) runs ...

Back
Top Bottom