Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Gone Gold

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Ubisoft have announced on Twitter that Assassin's Creed: Odyssey has gone gold and will release on October 5th.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"> #AssassinsCreedOdyssey has gone gold!! &#55356;&#57214;&#55356;&#57225;

We hope you'll be enjoying playing the game as much as we did developing it and can't wait to see which paths you'll choose.

Your Odyssey starts on October 5. pic.twitter.com/Nj0EwQjdsj

— Assassin's Creed (@assassinscreed) September 14, 2018
More information.

To play this on release or not is the question :)

The game looks gorgeous and that makes me want to play it but I know it will be the same old Ubisoft checklist game which makes me want to not play it. First world problems!

With Pathfinder being released 10 days before, answering this question has never been easier. ;)

With Pathfinder being released 10 days before, answering this question has never been easier. ;)

And Bard Tale 4 in 2 days time! So many choices :)

Right now I am playing Dragon Quest XI which is pretty old school and it seems it will go on for good 100 hours plus so after that I want something more chilled hence the Odyssey!

I don't like the Ass Creed games much, but I think the desire to go romping around classical Greece will be too much for me.

Quite a conundrum here as Ubisoft wants you to play thus game for six months after it''s initial releases. Which to me sounds like a lot of DLC and other cosmetic releases.

Quite a conundrum here as Ubisoft wants you to play thus game for six months after it''s initial releases. Which to me sounds like a lot of DLC and other cosmetic releases.

What you mean? Odyssey was released 6 months ago? :)

What you mean? Odyssey was released 6 months ago? :)
No I'll put it in simpler terms Ubisoft has six months of planned DLC.

cjnbekmbmsmkct7qgzex.png

Last edited:

For what it's worth, I always play games from 1+ years ago. By the time I finish those, there's a whole new batch of games 1+ years old to play. It's nice because while I am still busy playing great games, the latest games are patchedDLC'd to death and by the time I get to them they're cooked as cooked they'll be.

I've yet to complete D:OS2, PoE 1, & Elex. By the time I finish those I'll be ready for Bard's Tale 4, Underworld Ascendant, PoE 2, and Assassin's Creed Origins. By the time I finish those, a new crop of 1+ year old games are ready, and so on and so forth.

I apparently just missed the Steam sale of Origins for $30. That's about as high as I'll go, for reasons Lostforever already mentioned. I'll wait for the next next sale that's 50% or greater. Really, I just want to run around in the open world and, in the case of Origins, play their museum-tour mode. And I'll likely take the same tack with Odyssey.

I apparently just missed the Steam sale of Origins for $30. That's about as high as I'll go, for reasons Lostforever already mentioned. I'll wait for the next next sale that's 50% or greater. Really, I just want to run around in the open world and, in the case of Origins, play their museum-tour mode. And I'll likely take the same tack with Odyssey.

Origins is 50% off ($30) at the Ubisoft store right now.

I prefer to purchase Ubisoft games directly from their store. That way you only need to have 1 client running to play it. If you purchase a Steam key, it still requires you to have Uplay running in addition to Steam.

Map/Cities overview:

bnp31d5avm611.jpg

For romantic souls here, we get to see some looove in the making.:blush:

Tell me, what is it that's meant to make me swoon this time?
If you undress me, I think you'll find out.
I can do that.
Ohhh…

Origins is 50% off ($30) at the Ubisoft store right now.

I prefer to purchase Ubisoft games directly from their store. That way you only need to have 1 client running to play it. If you purchase a Steam key, it still requires you to have Uplay running in addition to Steam.

That comes with unfortunate side effect of giving Ubisoft more money, but I'll think about it. :p

That comes with unfortunate side effect of giving Ubisoft more money, but I'll think about it. :p

Even if you buy it from steam, they will get their dirty little hands on your money :)

Tbh I find the Uplay client to be pretty good and well behaved these days.

I don't like the Ass Creed games much, but I think the desire to go romping around classical Greece will be too much for me.

I didn't really care for any of the AC games much until Origins, which I thought was quite wonderful. It helps that I like ancient history, and must admit I chortled merrily while climbing the Lighthouse of Alexandria... Since this is basically Origins in ancient Greece, I think it'll be delightful.

I didn't really care for any of the AC games much until Origins, which I thought was quite wonderful. It helps that I like ancient history, and must admit I chortled merrily while climbing the Lighthouse of Alexandria… Since this is basically Origins in ancient Greece, I think it'll be delightful.

I broke down and got it. I just climbed the lighthouse myself. Quite like the discovery mode. $30 well spent. And thanks for the heads up, JDR. :)

Back
Top Bottom