Baldur's Gate 3 - Release Time Unlock

Damn true and I say this from over thirty years of gaming experience. I've seen so much change and your right some resist but most adapt, and it becomes the norm.

That old slogan talk with your wallet is meaningless when the majority doesn't care.:(

Why play this in early access?

Here is why:

1. I am extremely hyped for this game. It is the first proper D&D game in ages (since NWN2 I guess).

2. Larian seems to be doing so many things right for this game: it has the cinematics of the Dragon Age franchise, with the engine of D:OS II, and a proper turn-based D&D system!

3. I want to participate. Give feedback. "Have my voice heard" (if there is such a thing).

4. Given the recent experience of PF:K I only have good expectations of future PnP adaptations to cRPGs.

Here is why:

1. I am extremely hyped for this game. It is the first proper D&D game in ages (since NWN2 I guess).

2. Larian seems to be doing so many things right for this game: it has the cinematics of the Dragon Age franchise, with the engine of D:OS II, and a proper turn-based D&D system!

3. I want to participate. Give feedback. "Have my voice heard" (if there is such a thing).

4. Given the recent experience of PF:K I only have good expectations of future PnP adaptations to cRPGs.

I get all that, but I don't want to ruin the game when it finally releases the full version....anyone know when that will be?

I get all that, but I don't want to ruin the game when it finally releases the full version….anyone know when that will be?

I would guess 2022 and I don't count myself a pessimist. It's a long time to wait when you know that you can try it already now :p

At least for me the BG games have gotten better the more times I have played them through. I am not concerned of spoling the final game by trying now and giving it a couple years break. It appears that Larian is serious offering us also other content than bugs for this "early access". I'll probably wait a week so that the worst bugs have been fixed before I'll give it a go.

It's an over-hyped game. Basically they need there crack-fix now not latter. I'll be busy playing a fully released game called Cyberpunk 2077 next month. My GOTY for 2020.
Is it confirmed that it will be in EA for a year?

Here's your official answer.
How long will Baldur's Gate 3 Be in Early Access?

We anticipate Baldur's Gate 3 being in Early Access for at least one year but we'll have to see how it goes. It'll be ready when it's ready.

Because it's an over-hyped game and gamers have no patience.

They need there crack-fix now not latter.:cool:

Here's your official answer.

Cool...I legit have to much to play right now....started wasteland 3 yesterday and then I have more games coming...

True a lot of good RPGs & Non-RPGs getting released in the next year.:nod:

Cool…I legit have to much to play right now….started wasteland 3 yesterday and then I have more games coming…

Please create an impressions thread, @rune_74;! I'm playing a party-based game right now and don't hate it, so I may grab another.

Please create an impressions thread, @rune_74! I'm playing a party-based game right now and don't hate it, so I may grab another.
Plenty of impressions have been shared already on various news-bits.:p

Wew 82 gb with 60 gb download size
Original Sin 2 was 60GB and BG III is a bigger game. The reports about it taking 150+GB might come true after they finish Early Access. Glad I still have a few older 4TB HDs.

As SSD drives over 2 TB are very expensive so I only have one right now.

Someone poke me in a year when its out of EA.

**Returns to playing Wasteland 3 and then tackling his ever growing backlog**

Heh, it's just like I used to hate Steam and think it to be the cancer of gaming. While my opinion hasn't necessarily changed a lot, my Steam library sits at 701 games, and I've come to see ho convenient is to have all games nicely sorted in a single library, and all saves preserved even when I uninstall the game or format my computer, and even your friend list to join games with at a single click distance. Now you can even share your library with friends and family.

In the end, new things will appear, some will resist change as certain liberties are taken from us, but it'll become the norm and we'll have to accept it.

It's handy and I'm still using it with the same reasons and opinions as you, but I'm finding it heavier and heavier. Each time I start it, it checks for updates of the client, then regularly updates games I specifically told *not* to update automatically... The pages (even in the library) are more and more cluttered with everything they can think of to make users buy new stuff. And there are so many games of all quality levels in the store that it's uninteresting to browse.

On the other hand, GOG is getting more and more recent titles (Baldur's Gate 3 is one of them), so I tend to buy from there now, whenever I can. It also offers the basic "community" functionalities, but to be honest I don't use them. It will probably get heavier with time too, but for now it's good, and there's no bad DRM surprises. Sometimes the updates come a bit later than Steam but in general it's available at the same time, and download bitrates are comparable - for me at least.

The regional pricing is just absurd though. :( Even Wasteland 3 slashed its price accordingly to Indian economy prier to launch

Well, the Ars Technica review is… pretty unimpressed (and that's saying it very nicely).

Hm. But it seems to be a different audience, the author doesn't seem much into CRPGs ;)

This comment on his article made me smile: "I was prepared for a tongue lashing, but that was a first grade scorching. How awful to hear that you're the enemy of your own story for hours on end. That's not D&D, that's GTA."

Well count me surprised as I expected every previewer to kiss Larian's ass because it's Baldur's Gate III. Tell ya what I wasn't wrong the other 99% do. Yeah I'm a smart-ass.:smartass:

Back
Top Bottom