What games are you playing now?

Progressed further, cleared the first Nero checkpoint, and a little further after that. And I like it, but it's also kind of annoying. On survival you're force into having disabled quite a few useful options. No gps, meaning I constantly switch to the map and back (also, no fast travel in survival). None of the skills that allow you to see enemies through walls when activating focus. I admit that one was a little overpowered. And mainly, you die in 1-2 hits. And you never know how your health/stamina is doing. You just have to keep it topped off at max, just to be safe. That's the only thing you know, when you're at full hp, since you can't use bandages. Which makes me think about what happens when you're damaged, but have no bandages. You have to assume you're always one hit away from death. Sounds savagely difficult.

I'm surprised you're playing Days Gone again this soon. As much as I enjoyed it, I don't think I could bring myself to replay it already.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that by some miracle it'll get a sequel.

I'm surprised you're playing Days Gone again this soon. As much as I enjoyed it, I don't think I could bring myself to replay it already.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that by some miracle it'll get a sequel.

Yeah, I'm not really doing a serious playthrough. I was just bored and it kept popping in my mind lately. I expect to bounce off any time now. And just thinking about the amount of game that it is, is kind of making me stop, since it's quite hefty.

But one thing is certain, it's a very solid game. And if I'll ever replay it I'll only do it on Survival, since I'd want at least some element of novelty.

But one thing is certain, it's a very solid game. And if I'll ever replay it I'll only do it on Survival, since I'd want at least some element of novelty.

I'll definitely be replaying it at some point, but I usually go at least a year or 2 before replaying any game.

If you're in the zombie killing mood, you might want to check out Dying Light or Dead Island. They're not very similar to Days Gone, but they're solid in their own right.. especially Dying Light.

I'm still playing Dark Deity, not sure how much more I've got left to do. I thought yesterday I'd be finished after killing some named bloke, yet today I see at least another map to go. If anyone is on the fence for this game, and enjoys past offerings like FF: T, Ogre Battles, Fire Emblem, Fell Seal, and many others, I'd highly recommend this game.

Progressed quite a bit more than I expected, into Days Gone on Survival II. I've reached Tucker's farm and did 1-2 missions for her. Also explored quite a bit of the first area. Cleared all NERO outposts in that area, and put 3-4 NERO injections all to focus, nothing to health yet. Since I already die in 1-2 hits, so getting hit is never gonna be manageable. So I figure I might as well just slow down time as much as possible to headshot as many as possible.

And surprisingly all of this has lead to clearing my first Horde a lot lot sooner than in my first playthrough. It wasn't a very big one, but I remember it taking me quite a bit until I cleared one, initially. I cleared the one near the NERO outpost right near the railstation. I did it mostly using a bunch of molotovs initially, did 1-2 bike runs back to camp to refill ammo. And a couple times of that, and I was surprised when I got the notification that I cleared it.

Another weird thing is, either the game got bugged all of a sudden, or was bugged and now got cleared. But now, when I trigger the "show stuff on map" ability (whatever it's called), I now also see my health/stamina bars. I didn't until this point. They still all eventually disappear due to playing on Survival, but I was surprised suddenly I could temporarily see my health.

Anyway, I think I'm done with this test playthrough. I'll leave it a couple of years before trying it again. It's much too recent, and I just remember too much about it.

Last edited:
Got xbox game pass ultimate for a month and tested the xcloud program abit on pc
Finished Forza Motorsport 7 and started Yakuza series but somehow i get bored; i played 0 for a couple of hours, its very interesting, heavy atmosphere and great voice acting but non english thing pulls me off. Tried Like a Dragon for a couple of hours as well but seems its 180 different, like its made for kids, stupid jokes all the time and the protag is a complete dumbass comparing to Kiriu.

Also tried Gear Tactics, pretty good xcom clone and more easier but missions are kinda predictable, didnt played much though.

Sadly all games require gamepad and cant play shit with that lol. Anyway the whole ultimate pass has a great catalogue, when xcloud will be out of beta, it will be a great service. (if they add m&k)

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1437387648000217091

Deathloop is getting pretty great reviews, and has very high Metacritic and OpenCritic scores. But the weird thing is, certain youtubers seem to have a different opinion. At least more in keeping with what I'd expect, from the gameplay I've seen. I mean, it's already got a few 10s? Very high scores.

I'll clearly not play it until some time later, years maybe. But it does give me the feeling that mainstream websites/channels are giving it praises all around, ignoring the issues. But I also don't want to sully my first impression too much. At least not more than it's already been, due to the weird marketing. Another reason to only pick it up years later, when maybe I'll forget most of this media.

On the other hand, I will be curious to hear more opinions from regular gamers.

I have been finding YouTubers to be worse than ‘traditional’ reviews lately in the ever escalating search for clicks

I didn't find Deathloop appealing from the advertising, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually good. I think the Arkane team is really talented. I reckon they could knock out a real masterpiece, one day.

I have been finding YouTubers to be worse than ‘traditional’ reviews lately in the ever escalating search for clicks

A lot of them yes, but if you weed through all of that you do find a handful that are better than traditional reviewers. At least that what I find.

About Deathloop, unfortunately (and unless I'm mistaken) it's being done by a different Arkane studio than the mainstream Dishonored titles. I think it's Arkane Austin or something.

From the reviews I've seen it seems like it really struggles with its own identity. It doesn't really know what it is. And the marketing team seems to have caught on to this, which is why we've seen the bombardment of gameplay videos. But from the reviewers I've watched, aside from the aesthetic which is really nice, it seems it could be underwhelming. At least compared to the mainline Arkane titles (Dishonored, Dark Messiah and Prey).

Personally, I don't know what to make of it. From what I've read stealth is not really encouraged, or at least not as encouraged as it was in Dishonored. And it seems the AI is particularly hard at spotting you, to a fault. So I'll likely need to play it guns blazing. And I'm not sure how fun that will be. Plus the first-person weapon models just seem outlandishly huge, and take up a lot of the screen-space. The abilities you unlock also seem very generic and uninspired. I believe I've read there's only 5 of them. At least 2 are taken directly from Dishonored. And the rest don't really inspire much confidence.

What I'm hoping will impress me is the world and story. But I have read reports of people, that loved the Dishonored games, finding the story meh. And the ending underwhelming. But as I said, I think I have too much outside info on the game right now, so I'll leave it be for a while and return to it later on.

I took a look at the early player reviews on Steam, since it released today, and it seems almost all negative reviews are due to performance issues. People with all sorts of highend gpus, like 2080s, or 3080 (even a 3090) complaining that it runs pretty bad on very high settings. That's what I also heard from Gman's review. But hopefully they can fix that, the same as they did with Dishonored 2. Currrently it's sitting at Mixed on steam. I'm curious how it progresses.

Last edited:
After completing Dark Deity, I took a small break from games, and then yesterday I spent some time looking for one that might continue the tactical goodness that I've enjoyed with the previous games. I landed on one called Clarent Saga: Tactics, and so far it's been a lot of fun. The controls are extremely wonky, yet that often seems to be the case these days, other than that small obstacle it's tactical and yummy!

What I'm hoping will impress me is the world and story. But I have read reports of people, that loved the Dishonored games, finding the story meh. And the ending underwhelming. But as I said, I think I have too much outside info on the game right now, so I'll leave it be for a while and return to it later on.

I'm surprised to hear that people are already complaining about the ending considering it was just released yesterday. I guess some people got early release copies?

I'm interested in checking it out but not enough to pay full price. The timing is bad with so many other games releasing this month.

I got Deathloop, knowing that I'll refund it within the 2 hours since I don't have the time for it right now. Here's the stuff I noticed within the first hour of play.

- it looks pretty great. The art direction is very clean and nice. And I was surprised that it runs pretty well. I heard a lot of complaints of stuttering and other issues. I went with the setting the game detected on my system, which are mostly on very high. Most of the negative reviews on steam are saying it's for performance issues. And there's a theory that the Denuvo DRM is behind this.
- I love the voice actor of the character you're playing, Colt. He's pretty fantastic. Has a certain unique energy. I'm sure it'll get really good, if they also have a fun script. And they seem to.
- my main gripe so far would be the combat and stealth system. It seems very bare-bones. I tried to play it stealthily, and it's pretty awkward. It's got nothing close to dishonored, and you seem to be pushed to use guns. The AI also seemes not that great. After I got detected while sneaking around, (and I got detected because I tried to use a distraction, which blew up in my face; otherwise, I managed to sneak at a couple of meters right in front of them and they didn't see me) it turned to chaos with every enemy in the area charging me blindly, and I easily took them out. And 2 of them had weapons, and I swear I didn't hear any firing back.

Anyway, I'm afraid this game will be nice in terms of story, setting, look and feel, but pretty average gameplay-wise. That's my suspicion right now. But if the first parts are great, I can wade through average gameplay. But now right now. I refunded it.

I am playing Call of duty. I always love to play this game and recently I purchased Corsair gaming headset from Amazon to enjoy its sounds effects and fulfil my craziness about this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
(XCOM)
X-Piratez: Nude Girls Stampede!
I had so much fun on the Doctor.X prison! No weapons allowed, shivs only. Nude or rags, or chains(slave).
Walls: The rich mansion robbery was fantastic, as the thin walls could be easily punched out and my girls just went through everything, moving stuff down, like harvesters.
Harder to do in the X-Prison, with reinforced walls. But my freak gals with 170+ STR could punch through those hardened walls and they let the nudist masses roam the base!
I optimized the Airbus capacity(6) a little bit, so 65 nude gals shoved up at Dr.X's prison (on Superhuman difficulty). Imagine that many girls in their birthday suits! :D Screaming and stampeding through everything, smashing furniture and mowing down poor guard nurses and Academy Medics with their fists and boobs! :D :D Viva La Nude Avalanche! :D

No game has this much fun on dozens of different levels of technology: stone age, medieval, Caribbean pirate age, WW2, Cold War era and modern times, then future-tech.

Encased, around 31h in it, cant believe its that good; has its moments when you can see its just an indie with smaller budget, but overall great feeling while playing it.
ps dont pick the fucking voice perk :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
Deathloop

Playing Deathloop and loving it.

The short characterization would be that it has a very similar game goal as Mooncrash, the Prey-Add-On, which I also loved.

You are caught in a time loop and need to gather information and equipment in order to break out of it.

It has many elements like Prey or Dishonored, e.g. you can hack cameras and turrets, sneak up on enemies and you can collect additional abilities similar to the ones in Dishonored, for example a short range teleport ability.

So I can recommend it without hesitation to everybody, who liked Mooncrash. Lovers of Dishonored and/or Prey should also have a closer look at it!

The setting is not as far away from our present day reality as Dishonored or Prey, I would call it near future sci-fi, where only the technical inventions needed for the setting distinguish it from today's world. Therefore one could confuse it with a shooter at first, but it is no more a pure shooter than Dishonored or Prey. Single enemies are no challenge, but once you alarm them an let them pile on you, it can get harder, especially if one of the "bosses" is involved.

By the way, I was very skeptical before playing Mooncrash, because some people had characterized it as a roguelike, where you have to start from scratch if you die. But Mooncrash was in reality very different to that and fun. So trying Deathloop was a given for me.

Seems I can't leave Days Gone well enough alone, and I keep jumping into it. I'm pretty going lawn-mower style on the map exploration, and so far I've cleared most of the first two big areas. I haven't even reached talking O'Brian yet and I've killed 6 or so Hordes already. The 50 size ones are really do-able right now, without too much of a sweat. I've also maxed out Focus, and right now I'm trying to decide if I should go for Health or Stamina next. Since I'm on Survival 2 I really can't handle taking damage, more than 1-2 hits, so I'm leaning towards Stamina.

Anyway, its gameplay loop and exploration is so good. And there's plenty of unscripted scenarios that occur also, since the AI is pretty good. I guess the only thing which I think could use some more improvement is maybe less completely empty areas. Since I'm exploring a lot I'm surprised how many placed, which had the potential of being real puzzle places, to hide stuff, are simply completly empty. And it's not like they didn't do it at all. On this playthrough since I'm paying more attention to exploration I've found plenty of nice surprises, with locked doors that if you pay attention you can find a workaround and get at a nice treasure trove of items. Anyway, it's still great.

Back
Top Bottom