Yakuza Collection Released on Steam - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » JRPG » Yakuza Collection Released on Steam

Default Yakuza Collection Released on Steam

January 29th, 2021, 02:24
The Yakuza Remastered Collection released on Steam.

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/bundl…ed_Collection/
Celebrate Kazuma Kiryu's saga with the beautifully remastered Yakuza 3, 4, and 5. With restored content and updated localization in 1080p and 60fps, experiencing the Kamurocho nightlife never looked this good.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)

January 29th, 2021, 03:50
Oh, nice of them to put the games in a bundle! You can get all 3 games for just over $40 USD! Essentially, buy two get one free.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

January 29th, 2021, 17:04
All 3 for $40?
I guess I won't be buying Genshin Impact lootboxes this month.
Spoiler

All I need is enough time to play them all… *sigh*
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)

January 29th, 2021, 17:12
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I guess I won't be buying Genshin Impact lootboxes this month.
You know you will and you will love it.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

January 29th, 2021, 17:42
Dream on. It just won't happen.
Not even if it would cure the eye cancer I get every time I see a new RPGmaker game.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)

January 29th, 2021, 18:32
Not my kind of fun these days, but this was a great move on Steams part to put them all in an easy-to-grab bundle.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

January 29th, 2021, 18:35
It's free on game pass!

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

January 29th, 2021, 19:25
Originally Posted by ilm View Post
It's free on game pass!
Some like to rent our games for a longer period of time.

Still yeah every game is playable on Game Pass for now at least.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

February 9th, 2021, 22:14
I'm playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon on PS4 Pro and it is a lot of fun. It directly addresses and fixes MOST of the issues I have with JRPGs, the fact that they are so childish and cutesy. I don't want to play six bobble headed, squeaky-voiced characters dressed in lingerie armor for 125 hours.

Y:LaD features a cast of middle-aged schlubs and a couple of 20-something ladies. It's hilarious. Many of the enemies are funny, too. The abilities are often crazy. The whole thing is just pure fun. And I prefer the turn based combat over the weird, old-school fighting style of the other Yakuza game I played briefly.

Not sure if I'll make it all the way to the end as it's a very lengthy game, and my patience with turn based grinding may very well wear out. But I'm really enjoying this silly, silly game.

Question: Does anyone know of any other JRPGs that aren't based on squeaky-voiced children? Cute characters are OK once in a while, but JRPGs tend to overdo it for me. I'd love to play a fantasy based JRPG with adult characters—even silly adult characters.

FizzyShellfish

Watchdog

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

February 9th, 2021, 22:17
Originally Posted by FizzyShellfish View Post
Question: Does anyone know of any other JRPGs that aren't based on squeaky-voiced children? Cute characters are OK once in a while, but JRPGs tend to overdo it for me. I'd love to play a fantasy based JRPG with adult characters—even silly adult characters.
Suikoden comes to mind. Vagrant Story. Valkyrie Profile. These are all super old, of course.

I played about 30 hours of Y:LaD before taking a break. I was enjoying it. I enjoy all of the Yazuka games. The part I enjoyed the least was the combat. Not the system, but the fact that it's mostly super easy and boring.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

February 9th, 2021, 23:02
I found Suikoden forgettable, but I remember Vagrant Story being pretty good. I never finished it because I didn't craft the right weapons and got stuck at some point. I'm surprised they never remastered that one.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)

February 10th, 2021, 05:10
Originally Posted by FizzyShellfish View Post
Does anyone know of any other JRPGs that aren't based on squeaky-voiced children? Cute characters are OK once in a while, but JRPGs tend to overdo it for me. I'd love to play a fantasy based JRPG with adult characters—even silly adult characters.
It's annoyingly rare.

I guess Tales of Berseria technically fits (Velvet is NOT squeaky-voiced) but the adults sure do love giving life advice to the little kid they bring along. Dragon's Dogma definitely fits, though it's hard to even classify that as a JRPG. Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children is mostly adults, though the main character is a pretty young adult. (I guess that one is a KRPG, though. ;)
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

February 10th, 2021, 18:20
I play a lot of jrpg's, and I think if I had the game audio on, I also would get annoyed. I usually turn the game sound off, enable subtitles and power up my own tunes, that's worked for me the past few decades, something I'm not likely to change. Matter of fact it's kind of a game within itself, to find the perfect score to go along with a particular game. I learned long ago that what most consider music simply doesn't appeal to me, and rather than rage against it, I found an alternative.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

February 19th, 2021, 14:11
Great news. I love this series of games. It would be nice to see more games!

Jack2077

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » JRPG » Yakuza Collection Released on Steam