What games are you playing now?

(btw, a DS will play all GBA games, right?)

It will play them all, but you can't do link mode play. For that you need an actual GBA. Also, it can't play games for the original GameBoy or GameBoy Color.

Did I mention that I LOVE Etrian Odyssey? I did? OK, then, carry on.

Haven't done much gaming outside of Hoyle card games due to hockey season until I fired up the Puzzle Quest demo. I've just about exhausted what's available in the demo and I'm ready for more. There's a lot to be said for a simple concept that's executed well.

Games, who has time to play games!! :) I'm replaying several right now, including FO2!!

Playing G3, Beyond Good & Evil and team fortress (HL mod)

I think I'm getting close to the end of Dark Corners of the Earth, and have just begun this private knife party with Sebastian Marsh. Escaping from Innsmouth and the boat level with the Deep One ambush have probably entered my all-time favorite levels ever.

Unfortunately, you seem to kill muthafuggin' Dagon (!) which doesn't sound terribly Lovecraftesque.

I think I'm getting close to the end of Dark Corners of the Earth, and have just begun this private knife party with Sebastian Marsh. Escaping from Innsmouth and the boat level with the Deep One ambush have probably entered my all-time favorite levels ever.

Unfortunately, you seem to kill muthafuggin' Dagon (!) which doesn't sound terribly Lovecraftesque.

I liked CoC well enough, but since I never really read much of any Lovecraft, I had no real expectations.

Let's just say most people don't survive confrontations with the Old Ones in Lovecraft's stories, let alone escape mentally unscathed by simply gazing upon them. Also many of them, if I recall correctly, are meant to be sleeping until their time comes but you face up with two in the game (one I've already confronted, the other is apparently during the endgame).

Otherwise it's a fun game, but it's a pity many of the planned features were scrapped and the game suffers from multiple "if only it had a bit more polish in this area" cases :/

replaying Starcraft.

it's fun, but can be a pain to play at times due to it being well.... old. No formations, no unit stances, idiot AI.... The good old days ='.'=

I've re-installed Soldier of Fortune II since this week marks the 5th anniversary of its release (in the US, of course). Bland AI, Etch-a-Sketch linear levels, dumb forced stealth level ... but one of my fave FPS of all time.

Put it this way - if I had to choose between this and HL2 for 'only one FPS for the rest of my life', I'd pick SoFII 100 times out of 100.

I agree, SOFII was a good time indeed, I liked part I a lot too. Multiplayer SOF was easily the most fun Ive had in deathmatch, even more than the Quakes or the WWII pantheon of shooters. Love those sticky packets of C4, good times indeed.

As far as the AI in Starcraft is concerned, the thing that annoys me most about it is the penchant for wayward troops to actually somehow end up across the map. They cant go where directed, look for an alternate route, and next thing you know youve got em scattered all over the place. Just have to keep selecting and issuing halt commands so theyll sit still and not go out for an afternoon jog, often to their doom.

Took my last final exam tonight, I can finally get back to playing some games now, not taking any courses this summer, screw that. I need a mental break!

Just play Spellforce 2 expansion, Dragon Storm.
Really great game, this time they cut out the RTS part almost totally, it's 95% RPG.
I love this serie, good quests, great story.

I'm playing Planescape: Torment at the moment. Haven't played that one for a looooong while. I played it when it was released and since then never touched it. Well, what can you say about the game - it's fucking brilliant.

Spellforce - breath of winter. Just started it after finishing first warcraft 3 & its expansion and spellcraft. Warcraft 3 took very long to finish allthough spellcraft was not very short either. The last bonus campaign in frozen throne (wc3 addon) was a big suprise. It was totally different from the rest of the campaigns.

I've decided to take up on JDR13's suggestion and just started playing Penumbra. The physics system is certain different than most adventure games, with a clear emphasis on interaction - it seems like the rightful heir of Call of Cthulhu's suggested design before it was canned.

Not bad at all but I'm still very early into it - I'm sure there'll be something for me to rip apart further down the line :)

I've decided to take up on JDR13's suggestion and just started playing Penumbra. The physics system is certain different than most adventure games, with a clear emphasis on interaction - it seems like the rightful heir of Call of Cthulhu's suggested design before it was canned.

Not bad at all but I'm still very early into it - I'm sure there'll be something for me to rip apart further down the line :)

Surprisingly good isn't it? Definitely a great game for only $19.99.

Did you get the full game?

I'm too cheap :lol:

I'm just trying the demo so far. With my list of wanted games I'm not sure I can buy Penumbra right now or if it's a high priority. It seems nice - but if I really enjoy it I'll likely buy it as soon as I can (read: some months from now).

Surprisingly good isn't it? Definitely a great game for only $19.99.
Did you get the full game?

Penumbra is indeed a good game - it vividly demonstrates what you can achieve, even without a big budget. It Looks good, and has an interesting gameplay.

I'm currently (re)playing Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Rider in between writing an expose and watching sonny watch a Disney movie.
When hubby and his friend return from the WGT next week, said friend will bring me his PS2 so I can *finally* continue my FF X game...!

Back
Top Bottom