Divinity Divine Divinity and Dual Core CPUs

Divine Divinity and Other games

Rills

Sentinel
I loaded NOX last night to replay it after a few years of laying it aside. It installed and I patched it but when it went to load the .exe it completely froze my PC -- twice. I had to reboot the hard way to unfreeze it. I figured NOX didn't like the dual core.

So I though about installing Divine Divinity but before doing so I decided to research how this game does with AMD dual core cpus. The thing is I didn't really find anything definitive, even after spending significant searching over at Larian's own forums.

Does anyone know how this game does with AMD dual cores?

I have a AMD dual core system running Windows Server 2008 Workstation and the game runs just fine on it. So I suspect if it will run on that then it should be fine with either Vista or XP.

Yesterday I installed Divine Divinity on my PC, with the patch 1.34 and it runs very well...without any problem: I have Vista home premium, intel core 2 duo 1.6 ghz etc...
so don't worry ;)

Lol is it such a nightmare? :biggrin: Ok that dungeon was seriously too long but I don't remember it was that boring. I remind there was some thrilling battles but also some careful progression for a better tactical approach plus few cool puzzling not too tough.

In many dungeons of this game you could skip many parts and fights. Not sure it was possible in this one.

For the quote I played it on a double dual core without any problem.

Lol is it such a nightmare? :biggrin: Ok that dungeon was seriously too long but I don't remember it was that boring. I remind there was some thrilling battles but also some careful progression for a better tactical approach plus few cool puzzling not too tough.

For me its the length and it does get boring. I have already played this twice: once on my old Pentium 3 system, and the other time on my single-core AMD system and both times, especially the second time, I breathed a sigh of relief when it was done.

Back
Top Bottom