They Are Billions - EA on December 13

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The strategy game They Are Billions will be realeas as Early Access version on December 13:

They Are Billions

They Are Billions is a strategy game in a distant future about building and managing human colonies after a zombie apocalypse destroyed almost all of human kind. Now there are only a few thousand humans left alive that must struggle to survive under the threat of the infection. Billions of infected roam around the world in massive swarms seeking the last living human colonies.
More information.

This is from the same guys who made LoX right? Quite a genre change...

Not really the game i want but might support the developers anyway.

The developers are clearly marked in the title as EA. Quite a change for most comments on that company around here.

Watched Marbozir's playthrough and it's an interesting game. You have to expand wisely, make use of the limited terrain you have available and grab the right technologies. And there's always that problem of where the zombie waves will come from.

Many vids on it already. Levels are beaten as it goes. Looks like a content browser.

Here's what they said on their site about Xulima 2:
AND THE LORDS OF XULIMA SEQUEL?
We continue conceptualizing the game in parallel with the development end of They Are Billions. We know we are very delayed, but making a deep game is a lot of work. But here are some positives:
First, LoX 2 will use the new evolved engine that will allow us to create better graphics and atmosphere. This will create a world that is much more alive. We will be able to implement many more mechanisms and challenges that we could not do in the original game. In another update, we will talk about these new features.
Second, They Are Billions is a much more commercial game. It is truly fun and addictive – even the developers spend hours and hours playing just for fun (with the excuse of finding bugs…of course �� …). If this game is successful enough, we will be able to make a serious investment in the production of LoX 2. Perhaps then we can make the perfect game we have always envisioned with the quality that it deserves. Imagine what we could do with a high budget.
If you have followed us and our game posts during this time, you will surely know that even if They Are Billions would bring in billions of dollars, we would continue working on the LoX sequel with the same passion and will – because our story with Lords of Xulima is a love story.
See you soon!

I don't normally like RTS either, but there are some rare exceptions. Billions looks interesting and different enough that I might give it a try, especially since it's by the Xulima people. Though I'd probably read reviews first.

LoX is Lords of Xulima….

I know!!! That's why I wrote they made Lords of Xulima too, answering the question @TomRon; made (in post #5).

Well, I didn't expect Electronic Arts to do such a kind of game ...

Could we please agree on another acronym for early access? EaA? It does get a bit confusing sometimes...

Early access or not, its not see a difference of opinion on EA once in awhile.

It's not an EA game....that should be obvious.

Back
Top Bottom