Fable 3 - PC Version Still Coming

Huh ? I already saw preorder cases for the PC version at the local electronics chain - for 2 months at least !

At least I thought so. Price : 20 Euros.

I wasn't panicking. Honest.

Panicking who is Panicking not me.Seriously I played the original when i bought it for $12 in a clearance bin.Payed $15 for the ultimate edition on the xbox because it never came on the pc.I have read positive and negative reviews mostly about bugs game length and the ending.Hopefully when it does come out next year its packaged with the dlc.But we all know peter promises but doesn't deliver with each sequel.

I would like to try this game. Not sure if I would like it, but Fable 1 was fun.

I'll probably try it once it's out on PC. I don't have enough games to be picky, and the previous Fables were decent entertainment.

After all of these years (2005 !!!), Fable 1 has FINALLY reached the 14 Euros mark in shops here.

Until only a few months ago it was STILL sold for 30 Euros. And I mean the PC version ...

Yes, I already guessed so.

So Microsoft became sort of infamous for me for NOT reducing their prices ...

Fable what now? I vaguely remember BUYING THE XBOX specifically because I needed a DVD player and bought into the hype for Fable so much that I had to have it. Then they go right around and make it for the PC.

Then when I don't buy the 360 they never make Fable 2 for the PC. Whatever! Call me when this thing is for 5 bucks and I'll get it.

Fable what now? I vaguely remember BUYING THE XBOX specifically because I needed a DVD player and bought into the hype for Fable so much that I had to have it. Then they go right around and make it for the PC.
It was, from what I remember, quite a gap between the Xbox and PC releases.

I had a pre-order for Fable 3, but I cancelled it last week. Aside from the serious lack of information about the PC version, the reviews of the 360 version (i.e. buggy, buggy, buggy) put me off a little and I'm just not willing to support Microsoft at the moment. When they get their act together, give us games at the same time as the 360 releases and stop treating us like second rate customers then yes, I may give them another shot, but for now it's a no-go for me.

I actually liked the first Fable quite a bit, and the biggest flaw was how short it was.

The second was OK, but ultimately bored me.

The third one…. I have zero interest in.

Molyneux is an excellent talking monkey, though ;)

It was, from what I remember, quite a gap between the Xbox and PC releases.

There was a huge gap. There was no mention of a PC version at all in the foreseeable future when Fable was released so I went ahead and got the console. I'm sorta glad I did because I got to play Lord of the Rings: The Third Age which wasn't that bad. I liked the narration and following in the footsteps of the fellowship.

Plus, I really needed a DVD player. Blockbuster was phasing out VHS. Now it looks like I'm going to have to do the same thing again, but this time for a Blueray player. I'm thinking I'm going with PS3 this time around. No freaking region blocks for their games :) A HUGE PLUS when it seems like every single console title released over here is in Japanese. Even more so than Chinese which seems odd. Taiwanese have no problems playing Japanese games. Not so much because they know the language, but because it doesn't really matter to them, I guess. I actually haven't a clue why they can do it. It's one of those cultural things that is just too weird for me.

Last edited:
Fair enough. The only reasons, at this moment anyway, I'd get a PS3 are Red Dead Redemption and Heavy Rain. No other reasons I can think of to get one.

I'm quite happy with DVDs :p My next build might have a Blu-Ray drive, though, just in case.

Fair enough. The only reasons, at this moment anyway, I'd get a PS3 are Red Dead Redemption and Heavy Rain. No other reasons I can think of to get one.

If I were to suggest some PS3 games to someone, I'd include both the Uncharted games, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavy Rain, and MGS4. I honestly wasn't too impressed with Red Dead…

Back
Top Bottom