Is it playable? - Page 8 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Is it playable?

Default Is it playable?

December 19th, 2020, 04:32
Re: storytelling vs. Witcher 3.

I'd say that the central story in Cyberpunk 2077 is *better* than Witcher 3's, but keep in mind that's only 15-20 hours of content. Where the Witcher 3 shines is so many of the side stories were strong in themselves and the collective journey was more memorable. Cyberpunk's side stories are hit and miss in this aspect.

Mosaic

Watchdog

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

December 19th, 2020, 06:06
I liked the main story of Witcher 3, and quite frankly, only the Baron side quest grabbed me much in Witcher 3. Just as long as there's stuff as good at that in the CyberPunk I will be happy.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

December 19th, 2020, 07:21
QTE (Quick Time Events) are cutscenes that require you to push a button for the sake of interaction. The idea behind them is making boring video sections fun by making them playable.

The term QTE doesn't apply to parts of the main gameplay loop which require good reflexes.

SirJames

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)

December 19th, 2020, 07:23
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
QTE (Quick Time Events) are cutscenes that require you to push a button for the sake of interaction. The idea behind them is making boring video sections fun by making them playable.

The term QTE doesn't apply to parts of the main gameplay loop which require good reflexes.
I have to admit you completely lost me there.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
+1:

December 19th, 2020, 07:23
I just hit my buggiest stretch since my first few hours with the game. I swear, I've had a few crashes, but from around hour 10 to 40, I had only a handful of bugs. Tonight I had like 20 in an hour. I hope it was a fluke and not related to downloading 1.05

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

December 19th, 2020, 07:45
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I have to admit you completely lost me there.
Like this. Skip in 1:45 to get to the QTE section before the main gameplay.
loading…

Joxerisms, like calling anything with multiplayer an MMORPG, are fine until they start confusing other people. At that point they're kinda bringing down the expertise of the posters and that does no good for anyone.

In the games industry, QTE is a specific thing that you don't see much these days because noone likes it. If it prompts you to "PRESS B!!" during a cinematic sequence it's probably a QTE.

SirJames

SasqWatch

December 19th, 2020, 07:52
What does that have to do with CP 2077 though?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 19th, 2020, 07:57
What does that have to do with CP 2077 though?
It's to do with these posts.

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I'm not sure what you've expected then.
My thoughts were a nicelooking RPG where I'll again see meh chore combat as darksouls QTE is now in, endless amount of trashmob respawns as pro reviewers want that and copied boring RDR2 world.
What happened? I get to choose how to combat and in fact I switch the style on a whim (although some psychokillers require cheese), I see no respawns to stall me thank god even trashmobs that are aggressive don't attack on sight unless in a protected area, the world not only isn't boring but it's fantastic.

Me too. Sadly we are the minority that doesn't write reviews.

The story and substories feel as if came from Brothel for Slating Intellectual Lusts.
The mature rating is definetly required here. Not because of words used - it's the substance that questions itself and questions you, then makes you to choose. Not stuff for kids, they won't understand shit. Some reviewers also didn't (PCGamer).
If these stories are based on Pondsmith's ideas, the man is a genius!

Speaking of PCGamer the word on the street is that similar to what they did with TW3, they won't even nominate CP2077 for their goty.
That site seems to hate CDprojekt for some reason.
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Well, I played through TW 2 on the hardest setting and there are three fights which are not easy, Letho fight, Kayran ( well mostly because of annoying QTE ), when you play as a ghost which is also stupid that sequence should not be harder because you cannot change any gear or skills of the ghost, and one fight which is near impossible, the optional boss with the fire staff, aside from deaths in those fights I died very very seldom on hardest setting, same reason as TW3, Quen sign is very overpowered, ok you can play without that€. then the game is very hard€..

Actually for CP 2070, it is not only HP which I agree is not a very good way to change difficulty, but the good thing they did is enemies are also much more aggressive on very hard, and that changes fights a lot actually. You have to really think about your build and use everything you got, very different from TW2 and TW3, which was Q, F , spam left click to win 99% of all fights on hardest setting.
Dark Souls has no QTE.
Witcher 2…. I'm not sure. I don't remember any, but I didn't play it much.

It would just suck if I was lurking RPGwatch for it's knowledgeable, master class opinions on a new game and I saw people talking about how it uses QTE (and didn't know about joxers intentional mislabeling of gameplay elements for "comic effect") so I "NOPE" the fuck out of there but it was complete misinformation.

It's like, imagine a potential new user who comes here to see posters talk about how Dark Souls and Witcher 2 are games with QTE. They'll think we're stupid. We're better than that. We know basic things about game design. Right?

I dunno, maybe you think I'm being pedantic but it doesn't hurt to use the correct name for things. You wouldn't call a dog a cat, would you? You wouldn't say Dark Souls an isometric perspective, party based MMORPG full of robots. So why would you say it it has any feature it doesn't.

It's mislabeling things and, frankly, it's insulting to Dark Souls. Fromsoftware learned their lesson about QTE with Ninja Blade.
Last edited by SirJames; December 19th, 2020 at 08:15.

SirJames

SasqWatch

December 19th, 2020, 08:40
Dark Souls has no QTE.
Ha-ha.
Instead of superbig letter falshing all over the screen, you wait for a trashmob to strike a pose so you can hit it.
Not shit but poo.

Thank god that atrocity is not happening in CP2077. I feared it will be in which would ruin my game.
Gimme my doom shootin', dx stealthing and whatever classic game melee and I'm happy.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)

December 19th, 2020, 09:01
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Instead of superbig letter falshing all over the screen, you wait for a trashmob to strike a pose so you can hit it.
When to strike is just a tactical decision.

When you're doom shooting you're looking for the "pose" of being outside cover and targeting the head for the weak spot.

When you're stealthing around you're waiting for the "pose" of a mans rear to annihilate before he sees you.

But if you consider another occasion that you're annihilating a mans rear, like when you're paying an NPC hooker for gay sex, if it made you press X to thrust and he looked dissatisfied if you mistimed it, that would be a QTE.

SirJames

SasqWatch

December 19th, 2020, 10:57
Cool, but let's get back to CP 2077…

Anyone else having an issue with blunt weapons killing people? As I understand it, blunt weapons are supposed to be non-lethal. Yet, I'm still somehow killing enemies a lot of the time with them. I carry a baseball bat that I use to finish enemies off if I don't want them dead, but half the time they end up in a pool of blood anyways. I'm assuming this is just more bugginess?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 19th, 2020, 19:21
no QTE.
Witcher 2…. I'm not sure. I don't remember any, but I didn't play it much.
TW2 had/has QTE, later they added options to just remove the crap, I doubt they totally removed them, eventually changed the default setup to crap disabling.

I really wonder what are people whoever believed it could be fun, and how so many players endorsed the illusion, during some time, I wonder if there are still players loving QTE, at least older than 6.

Dasale

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

December 19th, 2020, 21:25
Cool, but let's get back to CP 2077â₠¬Ã‚¦

Anyone else having an issue with blunt weapons killing people? As I understand it, blunt weapons are supposed to be non-lethal. Yet, I'm still somehow killing enemies a lot of the time with them. I carry a baseball bat that I use to finish enemies off if I don't want them dead, but half the time they end up in a pool of blood anyways. I'm assuming this is just more bugginess?
hope this helps

Spoiler – SPOILER

Qayto

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

December 19th, 2020, 22:03
@JDR13 I was going to say much the same thing Qayto did. I'm not sure if that's a bug you're having (I didn't have that issue), but using the mods is really helpful against some of the tougher Cyberpsychos. I'd hate to try to capture them with melee weapons only.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
+1:

December 19th, 2020, 22:59
It's useful to know about those mods, but I really wish all the weapons simply worked as they're supposed to.

It's also possible that the information is wrong and not every blunt weapon is supposed to be non-lethal. I think that's less likely though.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

December 19th, 2020, 23:33
I guess it is kind of realistic that you might end up killing someone with a blunt weapon though…. "Oooops, I did not mean to hit him so hard….", even if realistic I understand it would be very annoying from a gameplay perspective I guess, if you are trying to avoid killing certain people, especially if it is random!

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

December 19th, 2020, 23:56
It's useful to know about those mods, but I really wish all the weapons simply worked as they're supposed to.

It's also possible that the information is wrong and not every blunt weapon is supposed to be non-lethal. I think that's less likely though.
I don’t know if it is a bug or not. I’ve also had someone I killed with an assault rifle be delivered to the fixer who comments their still alive!

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

December 20th, 2020, 00:11
Don't strike too hard and also make sure if electrified they don't drop on wet surface.

Also, use hands. I managed to kill people with nonleathal weapons, but finishing them with bare fists (okay, with ripperdoc upgrade too) - they never died.
Originally Posted by Hurls View Post
I don€™t know if it is a bug or not. I€™ve also had someone I killed with an assault rifle be delivered to the fixer who comments their still alive!
That's a bug.
I had the opposite once - spared the woman I was supposed to kill (choked F then R), yet the fixer was saying she dead.

EDIT:
Patch 1.05 hit GOG. Log:
https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_…ll_follow_soon
Most important solvable otherwise by reloading the previous save:
-Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
--
Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; December 20th, 2020 at 02:16.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)

December 21st, 2020, 13:54
My playthrough was going well and then the graphcs went weird, an effect related to a significant NPC was took over the screen. 9gb patch arrived and that seemed to fix it.

I feel that there are continuity errors in the questing, I was about to go point of no return end-game when I noticed a couple of quests listed under side quests that seemed relevant to understanding the main story.

Couch, I know you have finished your first play, could you pop under a spoiler tag what level you were when you finished to give me some idea of where I might be at.

Qayto

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

December 21st, 2020, 14:01
Originally Posted by Qayto View Post
Couch, I know you have finished your first play, could you pop under a spoiler tag what level you were when you finished to give me some idea of where I might be at.
Hmm…don't need to use spoilers but I was close to level 50 and almost maxed out on street cred. One thing to remember is some quests aren't automatically given.

Some you have to call to activate. some require a certain street cred level. Then you have the endgame ones that deal with Johnny that wont activate till late Act III.

You might also have to rest a while till someone calls you for a quest.

Spoiler – Last Main Quest
--
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
Last edited by Couchpotato; December 21st, 2020 at 14:11.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Is it playable?