D:OS2 Why Divinity Original Sin 2 is a beacon of hope in gaming

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

I completely agree with his assessment and enjoyed his two stories about the game.

I don't totally agree; because there are others out there like cdprojek doing the same thing. I do agree that divinity encourages 'abuse' and I have long argued that games should do this and not attempt to police people being creative (I used to deal with game creation and more than a few co-workers took the attitude that any sort of creative endeaver by a gamer was cheating and they should be punished).

I don't totally agree; because there are others out there like cdprojek doing the same thing. I do agree that divinity encourages 'abuse' and I have long argued that games should do this and not attempt to police people being creative (I used to deal with game creation and more than a few co-workers took the attitude that any sort of creative endeaver by a gamer was cheating and they should be punished).

I dont think either me or Yong have said that Larian are the only beacons of hope. I think it would be absurd to say only one group has the monopoly on "ethical" and "progressive" game design.

I agree with the video in that the Divinity Games are not only a modern return to "old school" crpgs, they are a return to "old school" gaming. In fact, it is refreshing to play the game without any of the modern day BS (micro trans, day1 dlc etc.).

His example of being rewarded for the way he sneaked out of Fort Joy reminds me how you can sneak into Korinis (Gothic 2) a few ways… and the game recognizes your method and even rewards you with EXP. The kinds of moments do stand out and stick with you.

I think The Witcher 3 developers are the leaders when it comes to going against the nickel-and-diming the players trend of modern gaming. Larian is also good too, of course.

In a related story, Totalbiscuit, the well known youtube gamer, recently did a good video about loot boxes, and how this newest trend is becoming more prevalent, and beginning to ruin gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMDGPSWWA18

I hate micro-transactions, loot boxes, the CC, or any thing in-game like this brought for real money. I remember one of the Dragon Age games that put in-game "merchants" that would let you buy a DLC. I hated that as well. If you must sell stuff keep it outside of the game at least. The main reason I have up on ESO.

Sorry this is one of my touch points like respawning bears and Joxer.

All that microtransaction DLC lootbox stuff can go to hell, go directly to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Back
Top Bottom