The Outer Worlds - Come to Halcyon Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Outer Worlds has a new trailer called 'Come to Halcyon'.

The Outer Worlds is an exciting new RPG with RPG elements, coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on October 25, 2019!

Pre-order now at https://store.privatedivision.com/the...

Do you dream of working on the frontier of space? Can you pass a basic aptitude test? Then Halcyon is the place for you! Prosperity and adventure awaits on Terra 2, Monarch, and other exciting locations across the Halcyon colony. The character you decide to become will determine how your story on the Halcyon colony unfolds in The Outer Worlds.
More information.

This looks... clunky to me. Like someone froze Fallout NV and is using the same assets/engine 10 years later for this game. Actually it looks entirely like Fallout NV in space, which isn't bad if you liked that game.

Seems on point with what I expect from the game: quirky RPG in a similar vein to FNV. The story should be great, the build choices should be varied, and the humor should be dark. My main concerns are how clunky the combat is and, being an Obsidian game, launch bugs and their perpetual state of patching.

I don't understand how a company as long-lived and profitable as Bethesda, and one which will reuse a game engine for years, can never fix their combat. Can't they hire a couple of pros from a different genre to tighten that shit up on at least one game engine?

I wanted to mention this a couple of times but I thought I was crazy. Doesn't the world look plasticky to you guys? I think it is mostly the consoles, especially with those glossy reflections.

I wanted to mention this a couple of times but I thought I was crazy. Doesn't the world look plasticky to you guys? I think it is mostly the consoles, especially with those glossy reflections.

It looks sharp (as in sharpening applied) and very colorful/saturated. Which I don't mind at all. It's obviously an aesthetic they're going for. We've seen the 10 shades of brown and gray approach (like in the game everyone compares this to, F:NV) If you're playing on PC, I'm sure you'll be able to tune that more to your liking if this isn't it.

Cannot put my finger on it ...but something is amiss.

Back
Top Bottom