Obsidian Entertainment - Microsoft Acquisition Rumour

So if true Obsidian could make a shadowrun game now. Unless Harebrained Schemes still has the license for it?
They don't own the IP just the right to the new games.

Read Shadowrun disclaimer on Steam.

© 2013-2018 Harebrained Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Shadowrun is a trademark of Microsoft. Published by Paradox Interactive AB.

So yeah Obsidian could make a new shadowrun game for Microsoft.

If Cyberpunk 2077 does well, I think there is a good chance that this comes true.

Well, I’m not a big believer that MS cares for PC gaming at all so I’m not encouraged by this news.

I’d be shocked if MS purchases them to have them make old school,isometric, party based RPG’s.

So I fear an acquisition would put an end to those games. Only time will tell, I guess.

I don't think any company cares for one special platform, but every platform that earns them money. And I think Microsoft still has plans to promote its App Store for Windows with its own games.

I don't think any company cares for one special platform, but every platform that earns them money. And I think Microsoft still has plans to promote its App Store for Windows with its own games.

Its app store can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Especially if they try to convert it to an updated Windows Live bastardization rebranded.

Back
Top Bottom