Ys Seven on PC

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Please someone who played this on whatever Nintendo garbage 30 years ago tell me if this is a platformer. Because if it isn't, I might still buy it.

http://wccftech.com/review/ys-seven-pc-start-new-era/

Ys Seven is the first entry in the long-running series to feature a variety of features and mechanics that have become a staple of the series, such as a bigger focus on the story and the party mechanic. While the renewed focus on story slows down the pace a bit, especially with its slow first few hours, the game's fast-paced combat system, engaging dungeon exploration, and fun boss battles make Ys Seven one of the best action role-playing games released in years. With some technical enhancements and a 60 FPS frame rate, the PC version is the definitive edition of Falcom's excellent RPG.

It was not released 30 years ago. There are probably videos on that products.

There are videos, yes - on garbageware and not on PC.

I do not want to waste my precious time on turning into an amoeba by watcing crap videos, I want to actively play games.

It's a Ys game, aka action (j)RPG.

I'm not sure why you think this is a platformer.

Because about a decade ago I've seen somewhere some Ys game (definetly not called seven, I don't even think it had any number attached) looking so bad as if it escaped from C64 or today's consoles advertised as RPG yet it was a platformer.

I wasn't alone, I don't remember where, how, why and with whom, but I do remember saying to someone that was with me there is no way I'm touching that bullshit.

Ys Origins has a jump button and some platforming elements. It's still a Ys game so it is focused on mowing down trash mobs followed by crazy boss battles.

Ys Origin, Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim have some areas with platforms that require jumping on them.

Ys I & II don't have jumping.

Ys Seven doesn't have jumping either (the jump button is a dodge roll).

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA seems to follow Ys Seven design.

Ys Seven doesn't have jumping either (the jump button is a dodge roll).

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA seems to follow Ys Seven design.

A dodgeroll ah well, darksouly crap, but I can live with that as long as I don't have to Great Gianna Super Mario.
Okay then, I'll buy Ys 7.

Ys 8 will be released on Steam in two-three weeks from now, if I like Ys 7, will buy that one too.

I don't know why Ys 7 happens tomorrow and Ys 8 so soon after that. Maybe 7 is so good they expect 8 will sell better if ported that fast afterwards.

I don't know why Ys 7 happens tomorrow and Ys 8 so soon after that. Maybe 7 is so good they expect 8 will sell better if ported that fast afterwards.

Ys VIII PC version release at the same time as the NA/EU console version of the game (PS4 and Vita). The Japanese version (Vita) released in July 2016.

Back
Top Bottom