Solasta - Primal Calling DLC

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Tactical Adventures released Primal Calling today, as well as free content in a major update.

Primal Calling DLC & Free Content Update Patch Notes

Primal Calling DLC Trailer

Primal Calling DLC Content

The following content is only available if you purchased the Primal Calling DLC.Full detail of each class and feature can be found in the following article.

• The Barbarian Class, with its 3 subclasses: Path of the Berserker (SRD), Path of the Magebane (Solasta), Path of Stone (Community)
  • The Druid Class, with its 3 subclasses: Circle of the Land (SRD), Circle of Kindred Spirit (Solasta), Circle of Winds (Community)
  • The Half-Orc Ancestry
  • The Wanderer Background, with its brand new background quest located in Copparan
Free Content Update - Major Improvements

The following content is available to everyone for free.

• Level cap increased from level 10 to level 12, unlocking new class features as well as level 6 spells
  • Scars and Facial Paints customization options in character creation
  • Tired of playing through the tutorial? You can now skip it!
  • Rebalanced (harder!) fight at the end of the campaign - prepare for a challenge!
  • New Campaign Creator Feature, allowing custom dungeons to be bundled together into a campaign with custom monsters, custom NPCs & merchants and custom items!
  • New Town Exterior & Town Interior Environments for the Dungeon Maker
[...]
More information.

Good for a free DLC, but I want more story

The Primal Calling DLC isn't free. There's a good chunk of free content update brought by it, but the DLC itself - namely the new classes and character backgrounds - isn't free.

Yep, I have no interest in the bloatware personally. It just doesn't seem needed since they added no real content. Just added hp to enemies to make the combat last even longer. Yuk!

What do I see here?
Optimized performance when multiple sources of light are active at the same time
So have they finally solved the problem I've been bitching about all those months? I'll have to check that out!

Yep, I have no interest in the bloatware personally. It just doesn't seem needed since they added no real content. Just added hp to enemies to make the combat last even longer. Yuk!
Not sure what part you are referring to, DLC or the general update.
In both there's added content, and it's a massive update for performance and fixes as well. It looks worth it to me. I can't say about the length of that combat, though, I'm not a big fan of lengthy combats.

Good for a free DLC, but I want more story

That's where the player-made custom campaigns come in. (Also the new Wanderer background adds a new sidequest to the main campaign).

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. The highest (Cateclysm) difficulty setting does give enemies more HP but obviously you don't have to play on that difficulty setting.

I wouldn't call new playable classes and races bloatware either; obviously whether or not they're worth buying is a matter of opinion.

I am going to buy this simply on principle.
I think their game is worth supporting and playing, and I am looking forward to what else they bring out.
Certainly the tools for fan made content is now approaching worthwhile (they have been diligently working on this), and will make it possible for fan made content to worthwhile games in themselves!
Heads up to Tactical Adventures! Well done!

I fooled around with some of the new DungeonMaker features today. While the DungeonMaker tools are still rather limited in some ways (no dialogue trees yet), there's a lot of potential here. For ex: while there's still not a proper quest system yet with journal entries, etc., you can basically make simple quests now as you can award XP / items when the party reaches an area.

Btw, for anyone who is interested in multiplayer, the alpha version of a mod was released today that lets you play custom campaigns in multi-player (and also a bunch of other cool stuff like setting your party size from 1-6).

What do I see here?

So have they finally solved the problem I've been bitching about all those months? I'll have to check that out!

Hope its fixed for you :)

I fooled around with some of the new DungeonMaker features today. While the DungeonMaker tools are still rather limited in some ways (no dialogue trees yet), there's a lot of potential here. For ex: while there's still not a proper quest system yet with journal entries, etc., you can basically make simple quests now as you can award XP / items when the party reaches an area.

Btw, for anyone who is interested in multiplayer, the alpha version of a mod was released today that lets you play custom campaigns in multi-player (and also a bunch of other cool stuff like setting your party size from 1-6).

MP would be interesting but I think I'm going to wait until tool will allow users to create more story driven modules. I already own the game so I just need to be patient ;)

I'll be picking this up to keep my copy of Solasta updated and ready to go. I might even do another play through but the thought isn't wildly appealing unless they release some new story content. Hopefully there's more to come besides player-created adventures, but I suppose those will become more popular as the toolset gets more robust.

That's impressive that it's possible to mod a game so much. And a good feat for someone to add MP, network code isn't an easy part.

It's not really clear from the mod page, I suppose it's coop and not pvp?

The Primal Calling DLC isn't free. There's a good chunk of free content update brought by it, but the DLC itself - namely the new classes and character backgrounds - isn't free.

Then it's a hard pass for me.

If the ending wasn't so disappointing, I could do the same. But I'm willing to support only content that I use.

They changed the ending up and made the last battle harder. So now you can buy it :)

Trying to decide who else to add to my forest party run. I will try barbarian, ranger, druid, and not sure on the 4th. Maybe a green mage but I really like clerics in this game.

I think I'm going to wait until tool will allow users to create more story driven modules. I already own the game so I just need to be patient ;)
Me as well. Once I see better content mods I might play the game finally. Then again like someone said already in the last thread, if we want story in RPGs go read a book.
I did a quick test, nothing has changed, Solasta is still putting an RTX3070 on its knees when rendering a simple scene.
Bummer as that problem happened with a few other Unity games but it usually turns out to be the developers fault. Maybe they cant fix it as it's a code/engine problem?

Like you said before it has something do with the light/shadow FX.

Is there anymore DLC on the roadmap or are they finished now as far as post-release content?
I haven't seen any announcement, but they announced this first DLC quite late. I think it would make sense that they continued producing DLCs, since they have this new Talyon studio in Lyon for their next, other game. So my bet would be more polish, more DM features and other paid DLCs.

I haven't seen any announcement, but they announced this first DLC quite late. I think it would make sense that they continued producing DLCs, since they have this new Talyon studio in Lyon for their next, other game. So my bet would be more polish, more DM features and other paid DLCs.

I hope future DLCs focus on new areas and quests. I'm glad they added the Barbarian and Druid, but I don't think we need anymore classes at this point, and I hate when you have to purchase DLC just to have all the class options.

That's impressive that it's possible to mod a game so much. And a good feat for someone to add MP, network code isn't an easy part.

It's not really clear from the mod page, I suppose it's coop and not pvp?

I think it is just Co-op yes. The modder previously had a MP mod that required using Parsec but this version just requires all players have the game & mod installed. I guess TA has actually started working on MP but decided it was not yet stable enough for an official release, so this mod basically unlocks what they started. MP may become official at some point.

Back
Top Bottom