Gaming BS of the week

https://www.pcgamer.com/pagan-online-is-going-offline/
Pagan Online, Wargaming and Mad Head Games' action-RPG, is dropping the online part. It launched last year, but it never managed to tempt many players into its grindy lootfest, and keeping it online has apparently become unsustainable.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/992640/Pagan_Online/
Notice: At the request of the publisher, Pagan Online is unlisted on the Steam store and will not appear in search.

The fruits of EA motto everything has to be mmo.

Valorant and the guy I always think is crpgnut (he refuses to admit):

$300 for a skin?
Well... At least it's not a lootbox.

There called whales Joxer. They buy anything.:biggrin:

Your everyday common gamer is not the target.

Activision's Underpaid Staff Struggle While Enriched Bosses Boast Of Record Success

Marvel's Avengers Makes Spider-Man PlayStation Exclusive, & Many Aren't Happy

Activision's Underpaid Staff Struggle While Enriched Bosses Boast Of Record Success

I thought that this was normal in capitalism ?
Just look at what the people in all big companies earn ...

The most greedy ones get to the top. Always. Even in societies : It's then called a Kleptocracy.

I'm always suprised that on the one hand this kind of behaviour - getting to the top and from there on exploiting everything - is socially accepted, and at the same time people moan about small wages.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/inte...d-with-intel-cpus-rather-than-amd-processors/
Intel claims faster gaming performance can be achieved with Intel CPUs rather than AMD processors

Intel says their Core i7-10700K CPU is faster at Gaming and also offers a reasonable value than the AMD Ryzen 3900XT CPU.
Factually, it might be true.

Practically however? It's spending money just because of shills bullshittery on something you'll never fully use. Stick with normal gaming CPUs and trust players, not corporations.

If you're still not sure what am I talking about:
17% faster in League of Legends
Okay. So what. It can be 7856857856378368483% faster, and it won't help with lag.

AMD vs Intel. It never changes. Where's Ron Perlman with his Fallout voice?:lol:

You mean with the question "now where's my goddamned shoe".

No he was the voice in the intros of Fallout.

You lost some of your RPG cred my friend.:p

I was talking about another reference:

Square Enix joins EA/Konami/Warner&likes' cesspool of so called GaaS/LiveService:

Scammers unite.

The fuss over Madden NFL 21 scores is continuing.

Here's hope the people will start (already) to vote with their money.

Kotaku is in trouble and Kotaku UK is shutting down.:spotlight-left::clap::celebrate::spotlight-right:

KOTAKU UK Goes OUT OF BUSINESS!!

But that's only Kotaku UK:
Future launched Kotaku UK back in September 2014, licensing the brand from former parent Gawker Media.

However, the magazine publisher has decided not to renew this deal, which expires on Wednesday, September 9. No reason for this decision has been given.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-18-us-government-eyes-epic-riot-after-tiktok-wechat-ban
The US government is probing the security protocols of Unreal Engine and Fortnite maker Epic Games, plus League of Legends creator Riot Games.

Letters have been sent by the US Treasury Department to various companies linked with Chinese conglomerate Tencent, a new Bloomberg [paywall] report states, which ask them to hand over data.

Tencent owns Riot outright, and holds a 40 per cent stake in Epic.
Thus LoL NA server is about to be goner thanks to politics.

I'm kinda too tired lately to post entries here, there were some along the way, ah well.
Noticed this one the other day but though cba again with that bs and then YY noticed a word there, a word that makes this possibly the biggest bs of the year - and the year just started.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ore-ultimate-team-is-a-long-way-from-gambling
Peter Moore: FIFA Ultimate Team is a "long way" from gambling
But former EA Sports boss says he understands the increased scrutiny over loot boxes
Standard corporate bs telling nonsense that lootboxes are not gambling, coming from exEA spin selling sleazy exec no surprise there.
He should have not added anything more. But he did.
the concept of Ultimate Team "goes all the way back to collecting cigarette cards in the 1920s and '30s" as well as the UK's Lucky Bags -- packs of randomised sweets, toys and activities -- of his own childhood. The experience of opening something and not knowing what will be inside is appealing to many, hence the popularity of Ultimate Team unboxing videos.
I smoke. And I smoke like a chimney. Yet I slap any brat below 15 I see with a cigarette so hard their head makes 360°. Morons. Oh I see them here and there. And I won't end up in jail.

Because cigarettes and whatever was packed with cigarettes made his childhood, he now wants to brainwash the similar addicting idiocy into others.
Well FU.

Lemme revive this thread a bit.

Today, PC Gamer, why, oh why I had to visit it after weeks of ignoring their mmo/phone obsession:
pic.jpg

Paid shills?

Back
Top Bottom