Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - DLC Changes

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Polygon The latest DLC for Assassin's Creed: Odyssey will be changed to better reflect players romance choices.

A Ubisoft community manager said that Ubisoft Quebec is making changes to a cutscene and dialogue in Shadow Heritage "to better reflect the nature of the relationship for players selecting a non-romantic storyline." The changes and a renamed trophy/achievement some found insensitive and inconsistent with their character will be implemented in a future patch.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Polygon? LOL
The problem of the second part of TFB expansion was low c&c quality, not sjw whatnot. Hopefully Ubi is changing it not because of Polygon's sjw outrage but because the DLC's forced linearity doesn't fit Odyssey at all.

So sounds like they are not changing anything, other then justify the lack of choice? This is bad for a game which had choices and consequences.

This industry gets more stupid every day. Ofc you need to have intercourse with the opposite sex if you want your bloodline to keep going...
These small vocal minorities are infecting everything with complete stupidity and entitlement.

They brought this on themselves for the way they promoted your choices matter. Still in all fairness has any game allowed you to play as you wanted. Simple answer is no.

Maybe story-less sandboxes fill that niche.:cool:

Last edited:
Opportunistic youtubers with agendas would love to make it just about sjw but there's plenty of non-sjw's who don't like it.

You basically play a 100 hour game and a DLC how you want then get forced into a relationship with someone who you may not even like. I'm pretty sure that's something more than just sjw's don't like.

@sakichop;

Totally agree. There are certainly some from the SJW spectrum who complained about it, but in terms of choices and consequences, this part of the DLC just seems to be poorly conceived in general.

It's kinda ironic. The core idea of these SJW bashers in gaming is that the SJW agenda has a negative effect on game design. And yet, in cases like this, the Anti-SJWs essentially defend poor game design to uphold their concept of the enemy.

Still in all fairness has any game allowed you to play as you wanted. Simple answer is no.
Sims 3 + World Adventurs. Drakensang 1 and 2. Fallout 1 and 2. Just a few as an example.
Where simple answer is yes.

Sims 3 + World Adventurs. Drakensang 1 and 2. Fallout 1 and 2. Just a few as an example.
Where simple answer is yes.
No those games have set endings already written but only allow you the illusion of choice. The only game that allows you to play as you want is a story-less sandbox.

AKA Rust or some type of open world survival game with no ending.

Ah you ment the (grand) finale?
Sims 3 + WA has no ending at all. Unless you decide okay that's it. The end. :)

Rust? It's mmo = rubbish.

Ah you ment the (grand) finale?
Sims 3 + WA has no ending at all. Unless you decide okay that's it. The end. :)
That and how every action, consequence, and dialogue pick is scripted.

I still remember the whole Mass Effect debacle.You could also use the Dragon Age series for another example. Basically in most RPG's your choices don't matter it's illusion.

The other option is a soulless boring game where you or other players do whatever they want. The whole survival open world sand-box genre seems to be trendy right now

Still I'm just playing Devils advocate. I rather play my RPGs with the illusion of choice.

And yet, in cases like this, the Anti-SJWs essentially defend poor game design to uphold their concept of the enemy.

They dont defend poor game design, they defend logic of the story of AC saga. Using your logic we can say you defend nonsense and entitlement of SJWs.

The hero must have offspring in order to make sense. AC put themselves in trouble when they deciced for those romance choices and forget about fundamentals of the story. I agree they chose bad solution to this problem in DLC. But Im afraid there is no "perfect solution" that SJWs hope for.

The hero must have offspring in order to make sense.
Agreed. No discussion here. Although how and with whom is an entirely different story.

I agree they chose bad solution to this problem in DLC. But Im afraid there is no "perfect solution" that SJWs hope for.

There's exactly my problem with this whole discussion. If everyone agrees that they messed up the choices and consequence, why is it a SJW thing to ask for a fix?

There's exactly my problem with this whole discussion. If everyone agrees that they messed up the choices and consequence, why is it a SJW thing to ask for a fix?
Because it's 2019 and sadly everything is political.

I don' make the rules but that is the world nowadays.

Agreed. No discussion here. Although how and with whom is an entirely different story.

Fine. Im not sure what do you mean by "how". :)
And do you really believe that the core of the problem is that players couldnt choose "with whom" they will have child?

Because SJWs themselves make everything political. :)

Extra credit did also did a good video in 2017 about politics in games.

Fine. Im not sure what do you mean by "how". :)

Certainly not the physical details.

And do you really believe that the core of the problem is that players couldnt choose "with whom" they will have child?
That's part of it. I made no claim about it being the core of it.
Feel free to elaborate on what you see as the problem.

Back
Top Bottom