Solasta - Half-Elf and Music Upgrade unlocked

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The voters for the half-elf or half-orc to be added to Solasta, favored the half-elf. And with one day to go the full orchestral music upgrade has been unlocked as well, which makes the next stretch goal another vote. This time about which of four monsters to add.

The music upgrade was about this:

Currently, we have planned for live musicians recordings in studio for Maxime Hervé's compositions - most often done individually.

This Stretch goal will be used to extend it to Live Orchestral recording sessions. This means not only more recordings for more variations and better interpretation, but also a greater cohesive musical ensemble to create an even more vibrant world.
The four monsters are:

Bulette - Extremely dangerous and heavily armored, the Bulette burrows beneath the ground to snatch its prey from below.

Remorhaz - A gigantic beast that can grow up to 40 feet long, the Remorhaz is a monster that can produce an incredible amount of heat, easily melting any non-magical weapons that dare hit it.

Cloaker - A stealthy creature of the dark, the Cloaker is an intelligent monster that manipulates shadows and hunts unsuspecting victims from above.

Roper - A horrifying monster that often goes undetected until it's too late, the Roper grabs its victims with long tendrils to sap their strength, drawing them close to consume.

More information.

I'd like to see the Roper implementation. Animating that thing will be a pain.

I think most of the D&D monsters are so generic that it wouldn't be possible to trademark them all. Heck, they pretty much ripped off most mythology/movies/novels just to get enough beasts to fill their first compendium!

The Bulette was made because Gygax had a little dinosaur toy that he used in one of his war games. I voted for the Bulette because their favorite meal is halflings.

Doesn't look like the sorcerer will make it as a stretch goal but getting rangers and paladins is cool.

Roper is one of my old, old faves, like from when I was 11.

I was never a huge fan of haflings myself back in my pen and paper days. However, in Everquest my rogue was a hafling, and it worked out quite well for me, no regrets. Now I'm a fan of the race.

Probably won't ever buy this till they add the Sorcerer class. That's my go-to. Not that I'm a party-based gamer anyway. This was always a bargain bin purchase for me at best. Very glad that the D&Ders got a new game though. It is overdue outside of KoTC2.

Back
Top Bottom