Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Interview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gameinformer interviewed the devs of Assassin's Creed Valhalla about successes, surprises, and post-launch priorities.

Apart from the announced post-launch updates, what is on the top of your priority list?
I think Odyssey was very successful in listening to its player base. When looking at Valhalla's post-launch plans, it was important to me to have quality-of-life fixes in there, and also be able to react to the new platforms, because they continue improving. We've got great reception on PS5, Series X, and PC as well; people are definitely enjoying the high-end capabilities of the game, so we want to continue to capitalize on that. This isn't meant to sound like bulls--- or cliché, but for me, it's about hearing what the player base is saying and reacting to that, on top of the extra content and the features.

Was there any feature from early on that you thought might have been cool to include, but it just didn't make it into the final game?
We had our pillars pretty early, and we stuck to them. We tweaked in terms of balance ... but we stayed true to those pillars. But one thing I can say that didn't make it through that we thought might work very early on was naval combat. We actually found out that Vikings were not doing much naval combat; we thought they might be shooting flaming arrows like in Odyssey. But they just didn't do that. So, we said, "There's no sea in our map, only rivers ... we're going to treat the ship more like a vehicle."

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Back
Top Bottom