Man undergoing head transplant

Technically a body transplant as the head is the focal here. This is crazy but if it works more power to the them. The patient is terminal anyway so fear aside why not.

Technically a body transplant as the head is the focal here. This is crazy but if it works more power to the them. The patient is terminal anyway so fear aside why not.

Yes true but someone in the article say that there are things worse than death. Say it worked and now you find yourself with a new body, how will the brain cope?

Oh, a new Mengele is born!
Or quite a few of them.

This thing they're doing there should be banned.
There are already crime activities with organs, next thing we'll see are beheaded bodybuilder bodies smuggled all over the world.

Futurama had it right it looks like. Someone place my head in a jar. I hope no one tries to steal my sweet ass body :)

Yes true but someone in the article say that there are things worse than death. Say it worked and now you find yourself with a new body, how will the brain cope?

It will, somehow.

There have been psychological studies made even making people into thinking that a glove was their hand.

Another experiment was done last year, I think, connecting an artificial hand through wire with nerves inside the rest of an arm. The patient said that it felt like real.
It had to be broken off at one point due to hygienic reasons.

Transplanations of arms have also been made.

Howver, transplanting a head sounds somewhat "unnatural" to me as well.
I fear that at one point there might be some cloning done especially for heads of rich people. Or worse : robbing bodies from poor people to give them to rich people …

Oh, a new Mengele is born!
Or quite a few of them.

Cynical, but probably even right.

The worst thing is that Ethics in Sciences is lagging so far behind all developments in Sciences that it is not even funny anymore.

It's voluntary and it's a chance to save a life, however unlikely. It's also a complete unknown, which is the most frightening thing in the world.

But it's a step forward for progress no matter what, and I'm glad there are people willing to try this. It could end up saving a lot of lives in the future, and it could increase our understanding how our minds work with the body considerably.

That said, I don't think I would have the courage no matter my condition. Also, just witnessing what could potentially happen to a human being doing this, would be something I'd avoid at all costs.

It crossed my mind, but it wasn't obvious to me.

Still, I'm kinda relieved if it's a scam :)

This is so cyberpunk.

I wonder if the real doctor can sue for slander, and using his image in the game?:thinking:

Back
Top Bottom