Gothic 2 - Velaya Mod English Release

Unfortunately i can't play it, because Gothic games appear to be unplayable under Win7 if you use a Nvidia video card.

Unfortunately, G2 won't play on my current rig. I plan to install W7 soon, so I'll wait to see if I can run the game then.

I had a lot of problems getting G2 working recently. Then I bought the Gold Edition from GamersGate and it worked great.

Thought I would mention, you need to use the GothicStarter.exe in your Gothic II/Systems folder to start the game, didn't see it mentioned.

I had a lot of problems getting G2 working recently. Then I bought the Gold Edition from GamersGate and it worked great.

The games start just fine. The problem is under win7, if you have an Nvidia video card the games will almost completely freeze as soon as they start to render the sky. It appears to be a bug with Nvidia drivers under Windows 7 as people who have ATI cards can run the games just fine. The games also run fine under earlier windows versions (using the same versions of Nvidia drivers even). The threads describing the bug are all over WOG forums, GOG forums and even Nvidia forums.

Any links to a FAQ sheet or in infos? No problems running the mod, looks great and done a quest or two at the Onar's.

Or anyone who has played the mod, mind answering a question or two? Basically do we need to worry about chapters, is becoming a mage limited my chapters as original is there a limit on going to Jharkendar? Or maybe a German Information page I could try Googlefu on?

Don't mean to ask for spoilers really, just worried about limitations and quests, so far I like it very much. :)

Thanks for any tips.

Back
Top Bottom