Morrowind Morrowind screenshots

Come on people post more! Why didn't you embed them Fluent :p

Was posting from my tablet. I'll embed them now.

yJSjDiS.jpg

eyaQYtJ.jpg

ljfBCn1.jpg

A5zdkrs.jpg

pJuIlz0.jpg

JKGi2Z4.jpg

These may have been taken before increasing the draw distance. I would suggest turning up the draw distance by 20+ if you can. I love seeing things in the distance in the game. :)

Fluent, are you using any mods? Im assuming you are, how come everyone's SS looks better than how it looks in my in-game graphics ~_~ trying to figure out what Im missing to make mine look like yours. Love the sunset!

Last edited:
Not sure, blobby. It's been a few years since I played and modded it. I think there's a video on my YouTube showing the mods I used. If I recall the graphics were mostly Morrowind Graphics and Sound Overhaul on the highest settings it offered.

Playing with PBR materials and XE… a sign of things to come.

sMlqYf6.jpg

Tropical water shader.

mYIf4cG.jpg

Sunken Dwemeri ruins.

nthdU6R.jpg

Pretty colors, but not Morrowind-y enough for my taste.

Indeed, for my taste as well. This is just a demonstration. Let's just remember that game looked like this,

hqdefault.jpg

Now THAT's my Vivec :).

Ugh...

Don't like the tropical water tbh, neon blue water makes a very bad constrast to the rather brown/grey landscape. I think some dark green water could work well.

Man this was a fun game to make mods for, especially trees since there was no LOD to bother with. The 2D LOD's basically is what kills it for me with Skyrim (that and that all conversion from one format to another to get it to work is very boring)..

Don't like the tropical water tbh, neon blue water makes a very bad constrast to the rather brown/grey landscape. I think some dark green water could work well.

Man this was a fun game to make mods for, especially trees since there was no LOD to bother with. The 2D LOD's basically is what kills it for me with Skyrim (that and that all conversion from one format to another to get it to work is very boring)..

Your alive! Kidding - hadn't seen a post from you in a while.

I can't imagine the work involved. I do know tweaking an ENB for Skyrim, with its 50 gadzillion settings all needing to be balanced with different weathers, time of day, interiors/exteriors, locations ... can be mind numbingly dull. Go to place X. Tweak. Go through 24 hour span. Change weather. Cycle. Tweak. Repeat.

Then some user is like "its too dark" or "can you make this work with [insert weather mod]" and "I don't like how you did Y can you change it?"

Still glad someone does it as they (mods and presets) do make the game look nice.

I still consider Morrowind one of my favorites for TES games in all areas although admittedly I do prefer graphics for Skyrim more and somewhat tied on setting as I love the Nord/Norse setting. Never modded Morrowind though - that was before I knew about mods or ENB. Still played it for 500 hours or more though :)

Based on the screenshots the game is looking pretty good for its age. I also dislike the bright water against the other colors. For the most part I never been into overly-saturated colors in these games. Based on screenshots I know many folks seem to like to play with everything in neon glow set-ups.

Morrowind's night sky does look nice modded. I remember Skyrim's modded looking good but playing Morrowind again which is so much older it's somehow more impressive.

peEChTTe_o.jpg

LK7Jdn1t_o.jpg

qENlmuaF_o.jpg

XbtVDJUL_o.jpg

Morrowind can be made to look truly stunning. I don’t mind the lower poly mobs & NPC’s. The thing it really needs graphically is animation work. But regardless what a game. Love the graphics extender!

Watchtower, what mods are you using?

I honestly couldn't give you a complete list other than the .esp's used and some very recent mesh/texture additions as basically it's my old Morrowind install which was modded (from very long ago, the textures folder is a mess of over 13k files), which I merged into/over an MGSO install some time ago but never got round to actually playing as it took so long merging things over I ran out of steam.

I seem to remember the night sky is possibly from my older install and checking the date on "tx_stars.dds" it's from 2009. Still remember taking a while tweaking it, endless reloading after each tweak and settings for the moons sizes and speeds, it's probably the best looking thing in my game, personal preference.

Since I'm playing it now I'm still replacing some things as I go as there are still some hideous textures but playing much more than modding because I'm really enjoying it (doing an interesting run where trainers are the only way to improve skills to level up, with some things to compound that).

Found a screenshot from a playthrough I abandoned, because I think my character was getting a wee bit too powerful :lol:

mJjmehR9_o.jpg

@Watchtower;, That training bit sounds interesting.

I'm about to start a playthrough myself, heavily modded but also not going to get into modding hell as I want to play first and foremost. Here's a quick video I made showing what it should look like (I didn't have the vanilla HD Textures mod installed at the time, and a few other graphical tweaks weren't turned on yet, like dynamic water ripples, etc..)

I plan on playing at 100 Difficulty, but now I'm wondering if there are mods out there to make the game more challenging with a longer burn progression. But that also don't rebalance everything and make it a vastly different game from the vanilla experience, if that makes sense. So a vanilla-friendly challenge enhancing mod would be cool!

My previous character became so over powered way to quickly, though I have to take some blame there. I maxed out every levelup (with x5 bonuses) with caps removed in MCP, that along with me doing side quests and exploring a lot as I always do the character was way overpowered for the Main Quest. So I started a new one with the trainers only thing. Also I've never tried a light armour or destruction focused character so I went with that.

The trainers thing doesn't feel out of place to me just different, in that you don't see any difference other than never increasing a skill while fighting/jumping etc, and it also means you get to choose when to become more powerful provided you can afford the training and once a skill gets high enough you need to find a capable trainer. I chose a version of the mod that locked the level up bonus at x3.
(SLATE Leveling Mod - www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43498/)

I combined that with another mod that doubles the price of trainers, hoping to make the leveling up/training slower, via the "Balance Training.esp" from "Mod of Balance" (www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/504/)

Also used No Daedric Drops (www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45403/) to avoid being flooded with Daedric weapons and money from them.

The end result wasn't as drastic as I had hoped, though again partly my fault as I'm happy stealing anything that isn't nailed down and I use a mod that gives traders more money (More Barter Gold - www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/40053/) as I don't want to abuse things like Creeper the trader who gives you full value but also feel many traders should have enough Gold to afford a glass sword for example.

So with leveling up essentially tied to money and money not being that hard to get if willing to steal (even without Daedric drops) it meant you could still level up fast, though there's a big but here, leveling up now became controllable, even optional.

Due to being a magical kleptomaniac I as always became insanely wealthy except I now rarely leveled up unless I wanted to or felt it appropriate. For example before taking on Dagoth I was on level 18 but decided I'd give myself 2 more levels not because I felt I needed them (I met Vivec on lvl 14 and could kill him effortlessly though he could 1-shot me) but because it felt like getting ready for the big fight was fitting.

So I guess the biggest change from this ended up being able to prevent leveling up uncontrollably, which meant being able to explore and do as much as I wanted without becoming to powerful, level/skill wise, for the main quest.

It also removed any urge to kill random things for the sake of "XP" or jumping up hills or while traveling as that no longer gave "XP", having the urge to do those things removed was a nice change even a relief at times.

Back
Top Bottom