Dragon Age 2 - Reinstall Article @ PC Gamer

Well at least they know everyone uninstalled it, while Origins is likely still sitting on loads of hard drives for "just incase" or "when the mood hits".

Wouldn't install it if it was free and DRM free, nevermind sitting through it. It's pointless at this stage to drudge up this failure or to put it down, again.

I wanted to play DA2 for a while now. I just realized why I haven't: it's not on steam :) The normal flow for me is to add games to my wishlist and play them when on sale. I suppose I have missed a lot of games due to this monopoly

Ouch still 10 dollars on origin. Hope they do sales too ;)

This is one of the least angry DA2 threads I've ever read. I'm disappointed. I was hoping to be entertained by some drama.
I agree as usually it's full of replies from members who think every gamer on the planet despises the game. While the game was a disappointment it wasn't a disaster.
I wanted to play DA2 for a while now. I just realized why I haven't: it's not on steam :) The normal flow for me is to add games to my wishlist and play them when on sale. I suppose I have missed a lot of games due to this monopoly

Ouch still 10 dollars on origin. Hope they do sales too ;)
I still remember when most Bioware games were pulled of Steam. All because Steam made a few changes on how it sells DLC, and EA didn't agree with them.

As for the price yeah I hate how Origin never has any good sales.

DA2 was idiotically designed, but if the core ideas were put down on a design document, it would look like a game with incredible potential.

-Single city that evolves over the course of the story
-focus on a more personal story, steering away from the boring "save the world from the great evil threatening the world, and you are the only one who can stop it!!"
-Family dynamics - RPGs rarely ever feature the character having a family - why is this? Again, great idea.

And so on. The biggest disappointment for me with Inquisition is that Bioware took the wrong lessons from DA2 and returned to the same old story as always. Yes, it's far larger than anything Bioware has done since BG, but the return to a totally unambitious story and lazy fantasy world has turned me off from playing it yet, if ever.

Basically, I really wish Bioware would have just taken the good core ideas of DA2 and actually did it right, with the ambition and effort to do these ideas justice.

Last edited:
I finished DA2 a few months ago. Like I said then, I liked the game. Had it been an independent game not named "Dragon Age", it would have been a great game, probably like an 85 score game. But it being DA2 and how it was a 'devolution' from DA1, it was reviled. I enjoyed it, though I did hate the things people complained about, mostly the 'wave' battle system, and also having to re-explore the same maps like 4-8 times during the length of the game. But again, I liked the game. If you're not playing it because of the overall consensus, just try it yourself and give it a chance.

I also found redeeming qualities in Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor, if that speaks to my level of forgiveness when it comes to games.

:-O

That is the only game that while playing I fell asleep waiting for the computer to finish its turn.

Back
Top Bottom