Fallout 4 - How it Transforms Boston

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
Turns out the old rumor of a Boston setting for Fallout 4 was right all along. Polygon has posted a series of comparison shots of the city's landmarks with the way they appear in today's trailer.

o514is.png

The pic above of the USS Constitution is my screenshot -- at the source, Polygon has a fun slider set up so you can flip back and forth between a photo of the real Boston and the recreation in-game.​

More information.

Hum. I live in boston; should make the rounds again - been a while since I've walked over to the constitution (which is actually now in dry dock for a year or two) but bunker hill is decent for an over look of the city...

I'm going to get eaten by a green monster, aren't I?

I did Freedom Trail last time I was there. This will be pleasantly fresh to me. And will remind me how painful it is to walk a hilly city in business shoes in 28C weather. Yow.

Bunker Hill is quite a hike if you walk the whole way.

Hopefully they have a slimy cheat in the game called Brady. Having one of those giant super mutants hiding at Fenway park is probably a given. It is so predictable, but they probably didn't resist. The Green Monster will live up to its name.

I think Bethesda needs to show that this game isn't on autopilot. There needs to be some significant changes from Fallout 3 and they need to show those. What we've seen so far looks like Fallout 3 in a new city. Is this going to be a time travel theme? Is the guy from Vault 111 trying to go back and forth between time periods to see the effect of his actions? That would be amazing, so it's probably not going to happen :)

ESO and the paid mod fiasco have been two major mistakes in a row. Can Zenimax stop meddling with Bethesda and let them just make games?

Okay, thinking outside the box here. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a giant super mutant behind the Green Monster, but that he was actually the scoreboard operator during 2077 and he is gentle; at least sometimes. He thinks his name is Babe Ruth and he is petrified of being traded to the Yankees.

Vault 111 is actually below Fenway Park and Babe is the first creature the new Vault Dweller meets :D

Probably going to be a Patriots militia and some witch trials as well....

They should have set it in Baltimore instead. Not a long trip for Bethesda and Baltimore is already half way to apocalypse, so less work for a transformation.

Back
Top Bottom